16| Want

Chapter Sixteen

Joel's POV

"Where is she?"

Deandra nods to the entrance of the ICU and I sigh, "Where's everybody?" She shrugs and that's when I see Richard, Yoandri, as well as Xandra.

I take a seat next to Yoandri and he stays looking forward, his eyes red, his face pale and tired.

"Yoli?"

His eyes only tear up and get glossy with unshed tears. "I'm so sorry," I whisper. Yoandri glares at me and his voice cracks from
not being used when he says, "No you aren't. You don't know what it feels like."

I bite the inside of my cheek and whisper, "But she was one of my best friends and that counts for something." He gets up and moves to somewhere else in the room, livid.

I look around and throw my head back, my eyes starting to sting. "She doesn't deserve to
die," I choke out. I cry silently and don't bother to wipe away my tears, the pain to immense.

Deandra sits next to me and stays still for a few seconds before cuddling into my side, and resting her head on my shoulder. I slide her onto my lap and wrap my arms around her tightly, kissing her cheek.

"We will get through this," I whisper. Dea nods and plays with my fingers. "Yeah," she whispers. I stroke her hair soothingly and eventually she dozes off in my arms.

Eventually, I notice that Yoandri wasn't in the room anymore and nudge Richard in the ribs, "Where is Yoyo?" He looks around and shrugs, "Don't know."

"Angelia Winchester?"

Dea snaps to attention and we all get up in a hurry, "Yes?" The doctor looks at us with sadness and starts, "We did everything we could."

What?

No.

My head starts to spin and I shake my head, trying to find some sort of stability. I feel pain start in my chest and spread out to the rest of my body, twisting and turning.

She's gone?

It feels like my world is crashing down, everything is falling apart. My breathing slows down and I fall onto my knees, my vision blurring.

Loud sobs start to come out of me and the doctor walks away, leaving us to grieve. "She's gone," I whisper.

Everything seems to disappear and I get up, running towards the entrance of the ICU unit. "ANGELIA!" Nurses look at me in confusion, and the doctor starts to push me out.

"NO. SHE IS ALIVE!"

The doctor shakes his head at me and I turn my head left and right, finding the room she's in. "SHE IS ALIVE!"

I hear a groan from a plastic bag and push the doctor off, unzipping the bag. Relief floods through me as Angelia lays on the gurney, struggling to find oxygen.

The doctor stays quiet for about two seconds
before yelling out orders. "Joel?" I smile and nudge my forehead with hers, "Angie? I'm right here."

She nods and smiles before whispering, "Did I die?" I laugh and cradle her head in my arms, "Yeah. You scared all of us." She chuckles softly and starts to cough up blood.

Fear seeps into me again and she touches my wrists with her cold hands, "I'll be fine. You gotta let go." The doctors push me away and I let them, hoping that they keep her alive this time.

She has to live.

******************************************

Where is Yoandri?

I look to Xandra who sits on a chair and ask, "Do you know here he went?" She nods once and says, "He went back to the bathroom. He never came back."

I sigh and nod, "Thanks." I walk to the bathroom and once I get there, I look under the stalls to see where Yoandri was.

"Yoyo?"

I hear a sniffle and crawl under the door to the handicapped stall. Yoandri stares at me with tears cascading down his cheeks, "Is she dead?"

I shake my head and he wipes his cheeks and nods, "Good." I sit down next to him on the floor and we stay silent until I embrace him. He completely breaks down, crying and sobbing in my shoulder.

"I love her so much," he cries out. I nod and rub his back, "I know, Yoli. I know." His shoulders shudder and his breathing gets heavier.

"Joel, what if she dies? I haven't even loved her the way she's supposed to be loved."

I hug him tighter, "You'll be fine. She'll be fine. She's a fighter, Yoli."

And as I hugged the person in my life that was about to fall apart, I too reminded myself that she would live.

Because she was part of my life too.

*****************************************

"I've never slept at a hospital before," Deandra whispers. I look away from the makeshift bed I'm set up and turn my head to her. She rubs her arms and I take off my hoodie, passing it to her.

Dea smiles gratefully and I lay down, opening my arms so she can lay down next to me. "Are you sure?" She hesitates and I get up, getting as close to her as possible.

She shivers as I move away a chunk of her hair from her shoulder and kiss her collarbone. "I'm sure, Deandra." Dea nods and we lay down together, huddled close.

Her head lays on my chest and I wallow in her warmth, tangling my hands in her beautiful hair. I sigh in content and her breathing slows. Once she's asleep I slowly get up, going to where Yoandri laid, rocking back and forth with his head in between his knees.

I hear his sniffles, but stay quiet and hold his hand. He lays on my shoulder with his cheeks red and blotchy. "I love her," he whispers softly. I nod and whisper back, "I know buddy. I know."

Silence seems to seep through every part of the hospital and the only heard is the beeps and pages of the doctors.

"She'll be fine. I know she'll be fine."

He nods and goes back to his original position, "I can't stop loving her. I've tried." I rub his back supportingly and he finishes sentence.

"I want to hug her, I want to kiss her, I want to live with her. I want to graduate with her, I want to live in a house with her. I want to have kids with her."

"I want her."

______________________________

a/n

puppy monkey baby.

puppy monkey baby.