21| Gonna Be Alright

Chapter Twenty-One

Angelia's POV

Two Years Later

"Angie!"

I hold a finger up and shove one last spoonful of Cocoa Puffs in my mouth before stepping into my converse and lazily lacing them up. "I'm going," I smile to myself as I quickly run into my room, grabbing my keys, phone and messenger bag.

I run out the door and Yoandri shakes his head at me just as he closes the door. I wait for him to catch up and when he does I grab his hand, clutching it tightly in mine, "Who is ready for senior year?" Yoyo's warm brown bright eyes meet mine and I suck in a gentle breath, completely unprepared for the warmth in my stomach.

He laughs and I have to catch my breath once more, smiling at the waves of emotion rolling through me. Yoandri's hand catches my waist and I find myself by his side with his arm over my shoulders, "I am going to guess, you are ready for senior year?"

I nod with a grin and he chuckles before looking ahead to the door. He leaves my side to open the door and I blush before stepping through and giving him a kiss on the cheek. Yoandri smiles happily and grab his hand, "Let's go."

He follows my lead to the car and we walk in a comfortable silence, our fingers intertwined tightly. "It's gonna be a good year," I smile. Yoandri smiles and nods briefly before returning his gaze to something in front of him.

Deandra and Joel.

They smile at us from afar and I smile back, unlocking the car for them to get in. "Yeah," he finally replies to my statement. Yoandri looks down at our hands and I smile, "It's going to be good year."

*****************************************

"The Syllabus is pretty straight forward," the teacher drones on.

I sigh after attempting to actually pay attention and look over to Yoandri who is next to me. He makes a finger gun after noticing my gaze and pretends to shoot himself. I laugh a little and he smiles at me, shooting me a kiss. I air kiss back and he chuckles quietly.

The bell rings just as I internally groan. I collect my things and look around the room, observing as I wait for Yoyo. It's then that I realize that there's a new person staring directly at me. I hold his gaze for a few seconds. Just as his head tilts slightly and he furrows his eyebrows, I advert my eyes quickly, Yoandri grabbing my bag for me, "C'mon. Joel is waiting for us outside." I nod mutely, the curious blue eyes of the guy engraved in my mind.

Eventually, Yoandri and I both get out of the classroom with our hands intertwined together.

"I love being the top class," Joel grins.

I roll my eyes and Yoandri only laughs. "It's exciting isn't it?" Deandra says. I hug her tightly and she laughs before hugging back just as firmly. "We all have Psych together. We are going to be late to class," she rushes as she pushes us to walk. 

We all make our way to Psych class and as I walk past everyone, I feel someone clutch onto my hand before letting go.

I furrow my eyebrows and look down at my hand to see a piece of paper neatly tucked into it. "Angie?"

Deandra looks at me worriedly once my eyes meet her face and I smile, tucking the paper into my pocket. "We're here. Take a seat," she says.

I nod and we both walk to where the boys are. Once they get a conversation going, I look around before grabbing the paper and unfolding it gently.

I furrow my eyebrows as a blush rises on my cheeks and I reread the note.

"Do you realize what you do to me?"

Folding the paper into my pocket yet again, I try to imagine who would write such a note. Then I look around the room and those same blue eyes stare at me.

The guy blushes once he meets my eyes but doesn't seem to want to let go of my gaze. I tilt my head and mouth the words, 'Is it you?'

He stays still and seems to realize what I'm saying, but still doesn't respond.

I run a hand through my dark curls and sigh just as the teacher waltzes into the room. "Hello, students," she shouts over the noise. I smile a little as I catch Yoandri's eyes.

"Welcome to senior year."

*******************************************

"You're so beautiful," he mumbles in my ear.

I shiver just as the wisp of the words wake me up. I sit up in bed, frozen with adrenaline, my cheeks flushed.

Yoandri snores peacefully next to me and I slowly hop out of bed, my toes curling once they meet the cold floor.

My head whips to the alarm clock near the bed and I sigh as 5:00 AM appears brightly. I walk to the bathroom and close the door as I open the faucet.

His azure blue eyes stare into mine and his curved lips meet mine in a feverish impulse.

I splash cold water on my face, wishing for nothing more than to get the wretched images out of my head. My hands tremble on the stone sink and I try to take deep breaths, wrapping my arms around myself.

"I love you," he whispers.

I look up into his eyes and smile once I see those familiar brown eyes.

Yoandri.

"I love you, too."

I shake harder, the nightmare escalating to the part I woke up from.

Then his eyes seem dazed, and he opens his mouth to reveal blood spilling from his lips.

"YOANDRI!"

Immediately, Yoyo is stumbling into the bathroom with his eyes open and alert, his hands wielding a bat. "Where is it?!"

I hiccup and my breathing starts to get labored as tears begin to drip down my face. He drops the bat and sits down next to me, curling me into his lap, and stroking my hair until I calm down.

"Midnight shadows, when finding love is a battle. But daylight, is so close, so don't you worry 'bout a thing. We'll be alright," he softly sings.

I begin to calm down in his warm embrace and eventually, can breathe regularly. Yoandri continues to stroke my hair and back with soft, gentle gestures and I find myself getting lulled back to sleep in his arms.

"I love you," he whispers.

"Don't you dare leave me Yoandri."

_______________________________

a/n

I finally updated and I cannot wait for the plot twists that shall occur.