Confessions and Regrets

🎀

Marius made his way through the guild's halls dodging the guild members one after another; it seems that Aiden has called a "meeting" to attention though Marius didn't care. He was too focused on getting to Lora and telling her what happened. As Marius neared Lora's room his throat clenched bit by bit. Guilt was the cause of it. He knew that Lora didn't want to be here anymore, her eyes as of late were dulling by the years, but he pushed that to the back of his head. He was sacrificing his only friend's happiness for his own. He loved her, but clearly not enough to set her free.

Taking in a deep breath he was now in front of the door. After wiping his sweaty palms on his black cloak he opened the door, to see Lora waiting patiently for him. 'Force the guilt down, Marius, tell her the truth and bear through what she has to say.'

"Are you okay Marius you look a bit...well horrible actually." Lora said, as she set her concerned eyes on the young man who looked like he was about to faint.

"No, no I'm fine, my...dad was just too much to handle you know what I mean?" Marius joked trying to settle his nerves, his light orange eyes frantically moving around the room.

"What did he say?" Lora pressed as she leaned closer to him having long left her seat on her bed to be standing near him.

Marius inhaled then began to tell her what happened," So I am now in charge of your training...under his guidance though."

Lora was silent. She walked back to her bed and stared at her hands, which we patched up in bandages from today's training, Aiden thought it was a brilliant idea to have one of the best assassinators in the guild take part in hand to hand combat with her, the brute having twisted her wrist so bad that Marius himself cried a bit as he nursed it back to a manageable state.

"I'll come back later." Marius said a bit disappointed that he had caused this silence. It was unbearable to witness his best friend and love broken down to just a shell.

Lora nodded as she turned over in her bed and waited for the door to close before she began to weep silently, her dark brown hair covering her eyes from the world.

"Sin's Elite huh? Well last time I heard of that guild was around thirteen years ago when it had first gotten publicity. Okay now who is the guild master's name was, um, Oh! Aiden Clemton, wicked guy he is, never was a man you wanted to tangle it up with." Makarov said as he sobered up at the last bit now his face serious as ever he ran a hand through his wild, balding head. "Why do you want to know about him Erza?"

Erza looked into Makarov's eyes as she finished taking in the information dished out, "Levy and Lucy had found a lead on where a family member of mine is. This can be my chance to actually find out a bit more about my past, about hers too."

"Hers? A sister? Wow, Erza this is great!" Natsu exclaimed as he smiled his usual one, pearly whites and all, Gray nodded in agreement, as he let his lips curl into a soft and subtle grin. Erza dismissed it as she put her attention back on Makarov.

"Master will you allow me to go there and seek her-"

"Absolutely not."

"What? But Master" Erza stumbled verbally, her eyes widened at his interruption. The rest of the guild fell silent, it crept around the room, and no one spoke a word. They were stunned at the blunt answer Makarov had given. Even Mirajane's cheery demeanor had diminished and was replaced with a look of utter surprise.

"Because Erza it is too dangerous, I do not trust that man or any dark guild in general, you may be an S-Class mage but you still need my approval and to this it is a 'No'." He calmly turned around on the stool and asked Mirajane to get him another mug of spirits. Erza's blood began to boil, she tried to hold back her anger but the glass had been thrown its shatter had rang through the guild.