Hoping for Peace

Chapter 11: Hoping for Peace

A/N: Thank you to all of you that have supported through the previous 10 chapters. You all help me push through all the negativity and writer's block to deliver worthy chapters to you. Enjoy~!

Lucy looked around the room and took in the scenery. Well, she tried to. It was pretty dim, and it smelled of old wood and copper; blood. Her breath hitched as she felt around the area for Wendy. She let out a sigh of relief once she felt an arm. She pulled on it and was able to bring Wendy's frail body closer to her.

Suddenly the lights came on, making Lucy flinch at the brightness of them. She covered her eyes with her hand acting as a visor. She had a horrible feeling about this situation and decided it would be best to place Wendy in her lap. She noticed how Wendy's head was bleeding due to the blood leaking down her forehead. Taking matters into her own hands, she was able to rip off a part of her shirt and wrap it around her friend's wound, tying it tightly.

The sound of clanking made Lucy divert her attention from her unconscious friend.

"W...Who are you?!" Lucy demanded, backing up from the man and woman that walked toward her. She made sure to move Wendy away from the two, fearing that they would try and harm the girl.
The man in front of her chuckled, nudging the stoic woman next to him. The woman glared at him, punching him briskly in the arm, making him wince, the smile he had never left his face.

"Funny that you ask that, you won't even be alive to know anyway!" He laughed, throwing his black haired head back. He then looked toward Wendy, who's hair gave away her spot behind Lucy's back.

"Oh looky here, Ayane-chan! She was trying to save her friend from their fate. Isn't that cute~?"He sang, clasping his hands together mockingly, his purple eyes shining with mischief.

Ayane scoffed, turning her head away from the male in disgust; her long pink hair whipping him in the process while her light blue eyes showed her anger.

He whined in mock hurt, rubbing his reddened check gingerly, "That wasn't nice Aya-chan!"

Ayane twitched in annoyance, "Can you please focus, Kaori! Haru wanted us to take care of these two so he can get to that...demon."

The way she ended her sentence made Lucy shiver. She knew they were referring to Lora. She knew that they were distracted and desperately searched for an exit. Maybe, maybe over there! She spotted an opening a little to the left of the arguing duo. She bit her lip in worry, if she moved they would instantly snap back to her. Then she was reminded of her blue haired friend who needed immediate medical attention, she had to do something.

"Gate of the lion, I open thee! Leo!" Lucy summoned, her hand holding Loke's key firmly.

Loke appeared within the flash of white light, adjusting his black rimmed glasses. He was already awaiting Lucy's call, hoping that she would have done it sooner.
"Ohhhh! A Celestial Spirit mage! I've never seen one before Aya-chan!" Kaori exclaimed clapping his hands together, acting like a child in a candy store.

Ayane rolled her eyes, yet analyzed the spirit before her. She knew all about Celestial Spirit magic from her older sister. She knew that the gold keys were quite powerful, especially Leo. She didn't let her guard up one bit, respecting Lucy for her strength.

"Bring it." Ayane said, activating her own magic, a smirk evident on her pale face.

Loke nodded, going in to attack the woman.

"Aw come on! Why did I get stuff with you of all people?!" Natsu fumed, pointing a finger at the man in front of him.

Gray scoffed, glaring at Natsu.