The Meeting

A/N: I'm sorry everyone for having to go on Hiatus, but here I am with the new chapter. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did creating it~!♡

Lora ran her hands through her inky black hair, an exasperated sigh left her lips as she went through another pile of papers. Now she knew what Makarov went through and silently vowed to appreciate him even more than she did now. Her right hand moved at alarming rates, writing down every regulation and signing every agreement. The scratching of her quill brought a specific ambiance to the room; needless to say, Lora's hand was numb and her wrist ached from the strain she placed on it. Occasionally, she would comically shake her hand to try and rid herself of the numbing pain.

She was on her last pile of orders and propositions for her new company. There was a big industry that wanted to form a partnership with her own. Sadly, that meant that she had to fill out countless agreement and restriction papers. She could practically build a wall from them!

Besides all the paperwork she had to fill out, she was glad to be back with the people who raised her again. She got to see Ms. Nia once again, who bombarded her with questions about marriage and children. She cringed at the memory of the speech her former nurse had given her about how she was the perfect age for a wife and potential mother. Despite that, Lora made sure to spend as much time rekindling their relationship and rebuilding the company to its original glory. And when she was informed that managing the company wouldn't interfere with her place at Fairy Tail, she jumped for joy, making Ayana giggle at her childlike behavior. Only for Lora to briefly abandon her duties to tickle her half to death as "punishment".

But every now and then Lora couldn't help but wonder what her guild was up to. She had been gone for three months now, a lot could happen in that period of time.

Erza dodged a punch that was coming her way and swiftly twisted her opponent's arm before kicking him in the stomach, sending him flying across the field. He jumped back up and charged after her bringing his unsheathed sword up to slash at her.

Erza requipped; she wore red and yellow flamed pants and wrappings around her chest, her long sword glimmering in the sunlight and her stance was intimidating in its own right. She parried his attack and thrust her sword into his chest, making him groan behind the mask covering his mouth and nose region. Clutching his wound, he ran away after sending her a hateful look. She didn't bother to chase after him since she had all the information she needed to complete her mission. Now all she had to do was find the hideout where the stolen jewels were held. As she wandered through the fields she stumbled upon a strange passage way hidden under the fake pile of grass. Pushing away the pile, Erza turned the handle of the steel door and jumped down, successfully entering the hideout.

Inevitably, hundreds of goons surrounded her lead by a scrawny leader with a short temper. Erza stared blankly at them for a moment as they lunged toward her before shaking her head. Within seconds all the goons and the leader were sprawled out on the floor, bruises and gashes decorated their bodies. Erza purposefully stepped on the hand of the leader as she made her way over to the pile of jewels that laid innocently in a ruddy bag on the ground.

She lugged the bag over her shoulder and climbed out the hideout to continue toward her client's mansion. Once she made the journey back to her employer, Erza was given the hefty reward of 1,500,000 jewels. She made her trip back to the train station after she requipped back into her usual blue skirt and white blouse.

"If only Lora was here..." She whispered, leaning her head against the wood of the window frame. She had took the request to get her mind off of "things", she told herself. It took a whole hour to try and convince Natsu into letting her go alone. It ended with Gray having to lock him in a room to allow her to escape her lover's persistence. She felt bad for leaving Natsu like that but she needed to handle things on her own. Looking out the window she saw the sun going down, the pink and orange hues mingled and stretched upon the horizon casting a magical look. She smiled in longing, the sunset reminded her so much of Natsu.