Silent Pledge

A/N: Hey there everyone! I was able to finish this one up without having to take a month lol I hope you all enjoy this chapter~!

《《♡》》

Two weeks have passed since Lora had officially left Fairy Tail. She had not kept any ties attached but her blue guild mark that stayed in the middle of her collar bone. She made sure to cover it up with her large black and white sweater. None of her servants at the Manor mentioned anything about Erza or her fellow guildmates. Lora had locked herself in her office with piles of contracts and proposals that weren't due for months. She had buried herself in her work, only coming out to greet her servants or to eat dinner or breakfast.

Lora placed her final document amongst the third pile of papers she had created. She had finished a whole three months' worth of work in attempt to clear her mind. Yet, the world was cruel to her and her mind constantly repeated her argument with Erza. Before Mirajane had come back with her drink...Lora had said some hurtful words toward her younger sister. Words that echoed through each fiber of her being.

"I never wanted to be here in the first place!"

It was a lie, for the most part. It had some truth in it and that was what sent everything off. Of course, she wanted to be with her sister and she was willing to give up everything to obtain even a measly moment with her. But she knew that Aiden wouldn't give up on his master plan to rule Ishgar. She knew that Enyo was dangerous and could, at any chance, turn against Lora once she got the power she needed to dominant. However, she took the risk and stayed at Fairy Tail with the hope that she could start anew. That she could bury the past behind her and have the life she always wanted. She wanted to watch Erza grow into a young woman and console her when she was at a fork in the road. She had the chance to save Erza back then—she wasn't fast enough to save her, to give her a better life without the memory of slavery. And now, she was given the chance to make things right but because of her fear of Aiden, she pushed her own sister away.

She could still remember Erza's face when those words tumbled out her mouth.'

"Fairy Tail is your home Lora! All of us are your family; you can't just leave because of something that happened out there in the forest! Just tell me why you want to leave!" Erza argued, gesturing toward the guild members who were watching the fight between the sisters with immense concern.
"I never wanted to be here in the first place!" Lora screamed, her face flushed with red like Erza's own. She stood up, using her six inch difference of Erza's own shorter height to intimidate Erza to drop the argument.

Erza's face contorted to an expression of physical pain. She flinched when she saw that Lora's usually kind and warm hazel eyes showed anger—truth. Erza's face melted away from pain to a sharp look of pure hatred and betrayal. She had locked up her heart once more. Lora could hear the clank of her heart's armor as it raised up after the many years it took to remove it all. When Erza opened her mouth to say one more thing, Mirajane had come back with the water she went to get for Lora.

Lora could feel the hot tears streaming down her cheeks, she didn't bother to wipe them away. Her heart clenched and ached as the image of Erza's pained face burned her mind. She hadn't gotten to tell Erza the real story of why she left. Lora knew that if she stayed at Fairy Tail, she would endanger them once more. She almost lost them to Enyo before, she wasn't trying to again. And when Roy had kidnapped Wendy and Ayana, it brought Lora back to the time of Erza's kidnapping. She remembered just how fast it happened, the smell of burning flesh and the pained cries of families mingling into one. She didn't want to lose Wendy and Ayana that day. She didn't want them to have the same story as Erza and her did; for them to experience torture and abuse days on end. But, something didn't let Lora tell Erza during their argument. A part of her just sealed itself off and wouldn't allow her to speak the whole truth. Because of that, Lora's relationship with Erza is now broken.