Chapter 3 (Pic of Liz)

Eliana's Pov

How could Nolan talk to me like that?  He knew how much I liked him.  No, I didn't really love him, but I would never cheat on him with Josiah.  Today was finally graduation day, and Nolan wanted to break up with me.  Did I blame him?  No.  Josiah was hot, and I had to live him.  I mean we only dated for a couple of days, but I was still a little disappointed.  

"You ready to give your speech?"  Liz said running up behind me.

"No, not really.  I'm so nervous,"  I said turning to give her a hug.

"You'll do great," Tyler, Nolan's best friend, walked up behind me and said. 

"What is with everyone walking up behind me today?  Anyway, thank you very much, Tyler."

"Of course, anything to boost up the confidence,"  he said with a smirk. 

"Don't give her too big of a head, Tyler," Nolan said with an evil grin plastered on his face. 

"I'm gonna go, Eliana.  C'mon Nolan.  Just leave her alone,"  Tyler said pulling Nolan with him. 

"Don't choke,"  Nolan said to me as he walked by.

Why?  I was just astounded by how rude he was being. 

"What got up his butt?"  Liz asked with big eyes. 

"I have no idea.  He broke up with me this time."

"Maybe he thought you were falling for Josiah,"  Liz said laughing.  She did have a point. 

"Yeah... anyways I have a speech to give, and I'm scared to death Liz,"  I said thinking about what Nolan had said. 

"You'll do great,"  Cory said from behind me.

"Thanks.  Now go and find a seat,"  I said point to the gym behind us.

"Good luck, Eliana,"  Josiah said with a smirk. 

We got our diplomas and then I had to give my speech.  

"Hello, ladies and gentlemen.  Welcome to the class of 2015 graduation..." As I went on I got more and more comfortable.  Towards the end, my eyes locked with Josiah's.  Once he noticed he gave me a smirk.  I had to look away, but I couldn't.  When I finally got done the principal came up to close, and we all got to leave.

"Hey, beautiful, you did great up there,"  Cory said giving me a big hug. 

"Thank you so much.  I was really nervous.  I honestly thought I was going to throw up."

"You were fine,"  Cory said and then left to go and talk to some of his old friends, and Liz ran up.

"We are graduates now!"  She yelled hugging me. 

"I know!  How did I do?"  I knew that Liz would tell me the truth. 

"Well... Other than starring at Josiah for most of the speech you did great,"  Liz said smiling. 

"Whatever!" I yelled glaring at Liz.

"You know you were,"  Liz said walking over to Evan, her twin, and Becky, her older sister. 

Why couldn't people realize I didn't like Josiah?  Yeah, I thought he was cute, but that did not mean that I like him. 

"What's up blondie?"  Josiah said walking up to me.

"Really, blondie?  Wow!  So stereotypical,"  I said thinking he may leave me alone.  Of course NOT!

"What?  I never said that you were a dumb blonde.  I was just stating a fact.  You have blonde hair,"  He said making me laugh.

"Fine... What do you want?"

"I just wanted to say congratulations.  You made it through the worst for years of your life."

"Maybe for you, but not for me,"  I said.

"Why?  Were you the smart head cheerleader who got a scholarship for both your grades and cheering?"  He asked with a smirk.

"Yeah, and were you the geek who decided to change and workout in college?"  I asked assuming he was because he said his high school life was horrible.  

"Nope.  I was the shallow headed, head football and basketball player, who went through girls like crazy and decided to play football in New York.  I would love to get drafted into the NFL."

"Oh... So you were a Nolan?" I asked smirking.

"God no... Worse."

"That makes me like you even more now.  NOT!"  I said the first part very sarcastically. 

"So you wanted me to lie to you?"  He asked knowing the answer. 

"Not really.  No,"  I said looking at the ground.

"Alright then,"  After he said that he walked away. 

"Fine,"  I said turning to walk away.

Josiah's POV

I really didn't care whether she liked me or not.  No one was going to compare me to their ex-boyfriend, and then get mad when I tell them the truth.  She  was sweet and all, but not sweet enough for me to overlook that. 

In all reality, I didn't need her.  I have Faith.  She was beautiful and she worshiped the ground I walked on.  Only thing was, she was not Eliana.  How could I be falling in love my best friend's sister?

"Josiah, what's wrong with Eliana?  She won't talk to anyone,"  Liz asked me.  I really did not want to answer.

"She found out that I was shallow headed and a man whore.  She wasn't happy with the truth,"  I said not ashamed as much as I knew I should have been.  To be honest, everyone has a past that they can't change.  That doesn't mean that's who I was anymore."

"So, she likes you but doesn't trust you, and she doesn't want to tell me I'm right,"  I heard her try and reason with herself.

"Sure whatever you say,"  I said not really caring about the conversation anymore. 

She walked away from and went over to Eliana, and I couldn't help but watch.  I knew Eliana was going to kill me.  I could tell by the way she had the I-am-so-going-to-kill-you-Josiah look on her face.  I just laugh to myself. 

I pulled myself away from their conversation to watch some Netflix.  Yes, this is my new life.  Watching Netflix and eating chips.  I used to get a girl on my hip every night and have fun, but now I bring myself to do any of that now.  Whatever.  I was so in tuned to the movie that I didn't hear her come up behind me until it was too late.  So of course, she just had to smack me upside the head. 

"Ow!  What was that for?"  I asked rubbing the back of my head. 

"Why did you tell Liz that I like you?"  She asked.  Her eyes told me to try and even tell a lie and she will smack me again. 

"I really wasn't paying attention to what she was saying.  I just said sure,"  I said trying to cover up the mess I had made. 

"Well, you said sure to me liking you."

"Okay... So... Explain the problem to me because I don't understand,"  I said looking at her with my dumb face. 

"Right now it is 10:30.  If you want to go to bed tonight I suggest you just apologize,"  she said to me as if I were the one to blame.  Okay, maybe I was,b ut still I would sleep just fine with her liking  me. 

"No, I know you like me.  If you didn't you wouldn't have made such a big deal out of nothing.  Besides, I will sleep just fine tonight princess,"  I said getting up off the couch. 

"No, I don't.  I don't like you!  Whatever!  I have a graduation party tomorrow, so I hope you have a good night,"  After she said that she left.  Leaving me on the couch alone.  I knew she like me.  Why couldn't she just admit it?