Chapter 14 (pic of Derek)

Josiah's POV

Okay.  Yes, that was really dumb of me to do.  To yell at Eliana and fuck her nurse while she was in a hospital bed was bad.  Horrible.  If she like me should have told me, but no.  She said nothing.  Absolutely nothing.  Nothing!

I wasn't sticking around to have Cory yell at me for this.  Eliana had Andrew now.  I wasn't going to mess around with that.  Last time I just messed up her relationship. 

"Josiah?  Hey, dude!  How's Ashley?"  I heard a familiar voice ask.

"Why are you here?"  I whispered. 

"I heard about Cory's mom and dad.  That really sucks!  Then his hot little sister tries to kill herself.  He's just having a really bad month,"  he said with a laugh. 

"Derek, you need to leave now!"  I said turning to face him.  He looked the same as I remember, tattoos and all.  Just he looked more buff. 

"Why?  Can't I wish a friend well?  It looked like you were getting ready to leave, anyway."

"What makes you think he wants anything to do with you.  I sure don't."

His grin told me he wasn't here for Cory.  He was here for something way more valuable.  A pang of jealousy went through me, but I tried to brush it off.  It didn't go unseen by him, though. 

"Is she yours?"  Derek asked with a smirk. 

"Who?"  I asked.

"You know who.  You can't hide your real feelings from me,"  he said getting closer.  Then he whispered, "Remember, I helped you when no one else wanted a worthless piece of crap.  I wanted to keep you safe when you weren't sure who you could trust.  Don't treat me like the bad guy here."

Yes, he did help me.  It hurt to hear him say that I was worthless, but it was true.  

"So, where is she?"  He asked leaning away from me.

"Room 202,"  I whispered.  I knew Cory would be happy and confused to see him.  "I'll take you to her."

I entered first and Derek followed me in.  Her face went from angry to confused.  "Um... Jo?"

"This is Derek.  Derek this is Cory's little sister Eliana,"  I said emphasizing little. 

"Derek?  Oh, my!  Why are you here?"  Cory asked once he noticed who it was. 

"I decided to come and check on you.  You look well.  I can't say the same for her, though,"  Derek said pointing to Eliana. 

"Yeah, we had a little mishap."

"Right... So, Eliana, how are you feeling?"  Derek asked going to sit down next to her.  I was nervous about what he could say.  He knew everything about me.  

"Good.  I don't know you.  How do you know Cory?"  Oh, no here it comes.  He's about to get me in even more trouble. 

"Josiah introduced us.  Josiah and I go way back."

"That's funny.  He's never even spoken about you."

"Yeah?  Has he told you about-"

"Derek!  Enough!"  I yelled making Eliana jump.  He was not going to tell on me.  Not now.  Not here. 

"But Josiah she should know,"  Derek said looking back down at Eliana.

I could tell Eliana was confused and wanted to know what was going on, but I was the only one, other than Derek, that actually knew the whole story.  If anyone told her it was going to be me.