Chapter 21

Okay, I had to use this song because I love G-Eazy!!!!! Plus, He is soooooo hot! I hope you like this chapter.  This song has nothing to do with this chapter!  Enjoy!

The Picture does go with this Chapter, though. 

Eliana's POV

Evan was driving me back to Cory's house.  "Umm... Evan, I don't live here anymore, remember?"  I asked wondering why he wouldn't just drop me off at home.

"I figured I'd give you a chance to yell at Cory and Liz for forgetting your birthday,"  he said nonchalantly. 

"I never thought about doing that.  Thank you!"  I said loving this idea.  I walked up to the house and knocked on the door.  I didn't hear anyone so I just walked in.  

"Surprise!"  Everyone yelled jumping out from behind the couch.

"Oh my... I thought you all forgot!"  I said breathlessly.  Everyone was here.  Cory, Liz, Josiah, James, Kate, Evan.  I caught a glance of someone else but they moved before I could see them completely.  

"No, how could we forget about our special girl?"  I heard Derek say from behind me. 

"Derek?  Oh my gosh!  I've missed you so much!"  I yelled hugging him.

"Of course, you have.  Who wouldn't?"  He asked kissing my cheek. 

I hadn't talked to Josiah since the whole Vanessa thing.  I heard they got back together.  I wasn't happy about it, but whatever made him happy was good for me too.  I walked over to James and hugged him.  "Hello, handsome."

"Hello, birthday girl.  How could you think I forgot your birthday?  You're my girlfriend for heaven's sake,"  he said kissing my forehead.  "Speaking of which, I have a present for you.  I'll be right back."

He left so I went and talked to Liz.  I was very surprised that they would do this for me.  "Liz, can we talk?"  I asked ushering her over to the stairs.

"Sure."  She kissed Cory and walked over to sit on the steps next to me.  "What's up, Eliana?"

"I've just really missed you,"  I said looking over at her. 

"What do you mean?  I've been right here the whole time."

"That's just it.  You've been here, but not for me.  You've been here for Cory.  I understand you have waited since forever for him to like you back, but I don't want to feel like I have to steal your attention away from my brother."

"Eliana, you're the one that's growing further apart.  You're always with James.  He's way too protective over you, and you don't even notice it.  Josiah loved you.  When you were in the hospital he cried every night that you didn't wake up."

"Except the night, he decided to go screw my nurse.  I mean I completely understand if that's how you feel.  I just really love James,"  I said shrugging my shoulders. 

"Really?  Do you?  Somewhere deep down you love Josiah,"  Liz said. 

"No."  I didn't still love Josiah.  He's with Vanessa. I didn't want to mess with any of that.  He's better off with her, obviously.  "If he wanted me he would have never gotten back together with Vanessa."

"Whatever.  I think James is looking for you,"  she said pointing over to where he was standing.  "Just be careful.  He's completely hot, but don't forget all us little people,"  she handing me a wrapped box. 

I sat the box on the table in the kitchen and sat in a chair.  James walked in and sat down across the table from me. I wasn't really int eh mood for talking right now.  "James, I don't think I really want to talk right now."