Chapter 13 (Picture of Andrew)

Eliana's POV

Gone.

That's all I could think when the nurse came and covered his head with the blanket. My dad was my armour. Cory held onto me while I sat in a ball waiting for mom's line to go straight. Aunt Mary, who was mom's sister, decided it was time to let her go. I wanted to object, but no words came out. I could only sit there as they took her off life support.

Soon a man with a suit came in and shook Cory's hand. I knew what he wanted. I walked over and Cory held my hand. He was being very protective. I found out that the lawyer's name was Andrew Brown. He was young and had blonde hair and dark green eyes.

"Aren't you a little young to be a lawyer?" I asked not wanting some young punk to be your lawyer for our dead parents.

"You must be Eliana. Nice to meet you. I'm twenty-two. Yes, it does sound a bit young, but I graduated high school early because I was smart enough and decided to become a lawyer," Andrew said answering any other questions that I may have come up with.

Cory and Andrew talked about the people who were the ones who crashed into our parents. He asked what Cory would like to do about this situation.

"Now, you shouldn't make any rash decisions too soon. Eliana, when do you go to college?" Andrew asked writing down our basic information.

"Three weeks."

"Oh... Are you still going this year?"

I glanced at Cory who just stared out the hospital window. I knew I should go because that's what I've been taught my whole life, but Cory needed me in Texas with him.

"No, I'm going to e-mail the Clemson entry office and tell them right away."

Cory looked at me as soon as I said that. He wanted to say something, but he didn't. He just turned back toward the window.

"Okay. Your parents will or testament can wait until after the funeral. If either of you need anything do not hesitate to call me," he said handing us his card.

After he left, we sat there for a while and Cory said, "Why are you giving up on something as good as Clemson?"

"Because you need me. I can't move that far away from home right now. You and Liz are the only two people I have left."

"Thank you, Eliana. You shouldn't have to give up on your trough."

"Family comes first. I've learned that life doesn't always give you a warning, so I have to make as many memories as possible with you now. I just have one stipulation."

"What?" He asked as we started to walk out to the car.

"You cannot die on me Cory," I said trying to sound lighthearted, but I knew I was going to tear up.

"I can't promise anything, but I'll try not to," he said wrapping his arms around my shoulders.

We drove to the airport and bought two plane tickets back to Texas. I was ready to go home and lay with Tebow and just cuddle with someone. I wanted to forget about this whole week. Aunt Mary and Uncle Luke said that two young children should not have to worry about a funeral, so they would do everything.

When we finally hit Texas I was so ready to get off the plane. I got sat in front of a child that would not quit kicking my seat. I wanted to turn around and yell at him, but I didn't. Yet! We only had one hour left before I got tired of it. That's when I said something.

"Dude, seriously! Quit kicking my seat!" I yelled. I didn't even notice who was behind us. "Andrew?" I asked my heart picked up its pace. Shit!