Chapter 16 (Pic of James)

Eliana's POV

It's one week before Christmas.  Josiah and I haven't really talked since I yelled at him a few months ago.  Of course, I feel bad, but I really don't want someone telling me what to do.  I've never been that girl.  The holidays suck because I've really been missing Mom and Dad.  I'm sure Cory is too, but he is being strong.  

Derek went home about three weeks ago.  He said he'd be back for Christmas, though.  I was hoping so.  He told me a couple of his stories.  He told me how he ended up on the streets.  Derek became more like a father figure to me than anything.  He was very special. 

Liz and Cory were still going strong.  It was annoying and cute at the same time.  Cory got Liz a dress and necklace for Christmas.  I knew this because I had to go with him to pick it out.  Liz won't tell me what she got Cory because it's a surprise. 

I decided to go Christmas shopping for Liz, Cory, Josiah, Derek, and Evan.  Evan's going to bring Kate, but I told him I wasn't buying her anything.  I still didn't like her.  I got Josiah what he kept saying he wanted.  A mac book.  I was happy to buy one for him because I like to spend money on other people.  I got Liz shoes that matched her dress that Cory got her.  I got Cory a new car starter and his favorite cologne.  I got Evan season tickets to the Long Horns football games.  Hopefully, everyone enjoys their gifts. 

I was laying on my bed editing some pictures of Tebow when Josiah came in.  

"Yes, Jo?"  I asked looking at him.  I pulled my headphones out and closed my computer. 

"Someone's here to see you,"  he said and walked back out.  I think he was still mad about me yelling at him. 

I walked downstairs to see who was here.  When I hit the bottom step my cousin came into view.  He got deported for years ago and hasn't come back until now.    

"James!"  I yelled

"James!"  I yelled.  Tears started streaming down my face as I hugged him.  "I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you, too.  How have you been?"  He asked kissing my forehead. 

"Okay.  Why didn't you call?  I was so worried about you."

"I know you were.  I was in a very dangerous place.  I was lucky to eat, let alone take a phone call,"  he said with a smirk.  

He was very handsome.  He had brown hair and light green eyes.  His muscles were bulging out of his shirt.  My Aunt Mary and Uncle Luke adopted him when he was six months old.  It's always been a little awkward between us.  

"Are you hungry?"  I asked moving into the kitchen.

"No ma'am.  I was just coming over to say hi.  I'm leaving again after Christmas for another four years," he said stopping in the doorway.  He let me process it for a minute. 

"Again?  You want to leave again?  You can't do this!  Please, don't leave again,"  I whispered sliding to the floor. 

"Eliana... You've always been a strong girl.  I'm sure you can deal with this.  Stay well for me, please,"  he said kneeling down beside me.  He took my face in his hands.