Chapter 19 (pic of kitchen)

Josiah's POV

I started packing for Vanessa's house and Eliana came home with James. I don't think they realized that I was home because they were fighting very loudly. I only caught some here and there. At the end, I heard her say that she loved him.

I finished and grabbed my bags to leave, but I stopped when I heard Eliana crying.

"Eliana?" I called through the house.

"Yes?" She asked. I could tell she was trying to stop.

I walked in and she was wiping at her eyes. "What's wrong?" I asked kneeling down in front of her.

"Nothing. I'm just missing mom and ad," she said trying really hard to smile. Her breath smelt a lot like alcohol.

"Have you been drinking?" She just nodded her head. "Where's James?"

"In the shower. He said he'd be out in a few minutes."

"Oh. I'm going to take my things over to Vanessa's house. I'm moving in with her," I said standing up all the way.

"Really? That's great. I'm moving into my house soon. I have to pack first."

"Goodbye."

"Bye."

I left and grabbed my bags to take to the car. I was really tired, and Vanessa kept texting me. It was getting really annoying.

"Vanessa, I'm home," I yelled putting my bags in my room.

"Hey, babe," she said standing there with only her bra and underwear. I was shocked at first then lust took over.

~~~

I woke up the next morning with my arms wrapped around Vanessa's body.

"Good morning," she yawned and stood up. She was naked so I smacked her butt. "Ow!" She bent over and kissed me.

" I have to get to work, Vanessa. Coach is going to wonder where I am."

"Fine," she said rolling her eyes. I know she was irritated, but I needed this job.

The first game was in four months, but the coach said that practice is very important. That meant I had to be there.

We both got dressed and I told her I would grab a coffee on the way to the school. I kissed her and ran out the door.

Cory's POV

Liz came home late last night. Of course, I was worried, but she wasn't really drunk. I told her she could just stay here with me. She wanted more, but I told her we should wait for Eliana to move. Plus, I really didn't want to take advantage of her. She was frustrated but understood what I was saying.

"Cory!" I heard Eliana yell. Ugh. Why me?

"What?!" I yelled back.

"Can you help me take my things to my house? James had to work!" She yelled.

"Yes!"

"Shut up!" Liz yelled laying back down.

"Sorry, sweetheart. I'll be right back."

She just waved her hand, and I laughed.

Eliana had most of her bags in her hands. I grabbed the heavy boxes and followed her down the stairs. We drove over to her house, and I helped her unload the things.

"I'm going to miss you, Cory," she said hugging me.

"You live right down the road. You could run to my house on your run."