Chapter 24 (Picture of Alex)

Eliana's POV

"You are what?" Cory yelled. We were all sitting in the living room and I decided to tell them.

"We're pregnant," I said confidently. I knew this wasn't exactly something to be proud of, but I loved that it was James' baby, and I loved him.

"Oh no no no! You are pregnant. NOT married. Plus, he's leaving in a month!" Cory yelled pointing at James.

"Yes, but he's going to come home. Cory, it's not all his fault so please don't hate him," I said defending James.

"Damn right! It's not all his fault because it's your fault too! What do think dad is thinking right now?" Cory asked.

He had to bring this up right now. Why couldn't he just be happy for us? "He's probably wondering why you're being such an ass. He wouldn't be acting like this," I said. I used to think of Cory as my second dad. Right now, he was just like an asshole.

"Cory, I understand you're mad at us, but that doesn't mean you can shove your dead mother and father into her face. We are having this baby, and we were hoping to get your blessing," James said. I was happy to hear him defending me.

"Well, James, if it hasn't clicked with you yet, you are leaving and Eliana has to raise this child for four years... By herself," Cory said. I could tell he was mad because James was leaving me by myself.

"Cory, soldiers don't fight because they hate something in front of them. They go fight because they love something behind them. I love your sister and our baby. I was going to do this on our vacation, but now is better than never." He turned around to face me and knelt on one knee. "Eliana Mitchelle, I know we are already having this baby, and I'm leaving for four years, but I would love to have you to come home to. Will you marry me?" He asked.

My eyes started to water, and Liz was squealing like a piggy. "Of course! I'll marry you," I cried.

"Good. I pray to be home before four years, but there will be no promises. It all depends on how soon our troops get sent out. I may not have to go in for a tour and I will come home in six to nine months."

"I love you, James. It doesn't matter when you come home. I will wait forever if I have to," I said kissing him.

"I love you, Eliana," he said smiling.

"Um..." Liz said standing up looking awkward.

"Yes, Liz, you are my maid of honor," I said laughing.

"Good. I thought I was going to have to beg," she said laughing. Cory wasn't in the room anymore.

"I'm going to go talk to Cory," I whispered in James' ear.

"Okay. Good luck," he said kissing my forehead. That sent shivers up my spine, but right now I was on a mission. Luck must have been on my said because he was in the first place I looked. My room. He was just sitting there. On my old bed. "I remember when you would jump up and down on this bed and James would yell at you," Cory said laughing. "He was only four years older, yet he always seemed so much more mature than us."

"Yeah... I know. Why are you sitting up here, may I ask?" I asked sitting down on the bed next to him.

"I used to think that having you gone would be a good thing. Right now, I regret having you move," he said his face turning down.

"Cory, if this is because of the baby-"

"No! This is only because I miss you! I'm actually really happy for you and James. It just sucks to think that you are growing up and mom and dad aren't here to see it." He sat there for a while, then he said, "I just have one question for you."