Chapter 4 (Pic of Cory)

Eliana's Pov

I just didn't understand how eh could think that I actually like him.  It made no sense.  I just got dumped, by a boy, who I trusted.  I was not ready for another relationship just yet.  Thinking about this sent me into a deep sleep. 

...

I woke up the next morning to the sound of pots and pans clanking together.  I walked down to the kitchen to find Josiah cooking breakfast. 

"What in the world are you doing?"  I asked, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.  I knew my voice sounded annoyed, but that is because I really was. 

"Good morning to you too.  I am cooking breakfast for everyone.  You know that food that people eat in the mornings,"  He said smirking as he grabbed eggs, milk, and cheese out of the fridge.

"Yeah, I know what breakfast is. You should know that my parents don't like to be woken up,"  I said knowing that he would have a smart remark.  

"They're already wake.  By the way, do you know that it's 11:00 already?"  He asked pointing to the clock on the wall. 

"What?  11:00!  I have to get ready!  Shit!"  I said running up to my room.

I didn't understand how he could look so handsome in pajamas.  He had messy hair and a tired look, but he still looked like a million dollars. 

I got into the shower and washed all of the dirty thoughts out of my head. After I got out, I got on my red sundress and paired it with some black flats.  I was hoping I could get ready in time.  I was so excited to see everyone, though. 

"So, are you just going to stand there and stare at yourself all day or are you doing to get ready?"  I heard Josiah say from my doorway.

"No!  Are you going to stay in the same clothes all day?"  I asked turning to find a fully dressed Josiah. 

"I was hoping to stay in this outfit, but if you want me to go change I will,"  he said turning to go change. 

"No... you look great,"  What was I saying?  Stop. "I thought you were in your pajamas still.  Don't I feel like a jerk?"  I said walking towards him.  "So, how do I look?" I asked him.

"You look great, as usual,"  he said grabbing me by the waist.  He caught me off guard.

"Thank you... I should go do my hair now,"  I said turning out of his arms.  I did not want to get into a sticky situation today.

"Leave it down.  It looks good down,"  he said giving me a wink.  My insides melted when he did that.  So much for not having feelings for him.

"Okay, I will.  Where is Cory?"  I asked taking my hair out of the messy bun I had put it in after my shower.  I grabbed my straightener and started to straighten my hair. 

"Downstairs, waiting for you,"  he said turning to walk down stairs. 

I stood there feeling more stupid than ever.  I was falling for my brother's best friend, and I had vowed not to.  There was no way this could end well. 

I walked downstairs after I finished my hair.  I saw Cory and Caitlynn, his girlfriend, and Josiah and a girl I had never met.  This is just great, my heart finally admits that I like someone and that someone just has to find someone else. 

"Hey, Caitlynn!"  I said happy to see my future sister-in-law.  They hadn't announced it yet, but we all knew it was coming soon. 

"Hey, Eliana!  Congratulations!"  She said walking over to hug me.