Chapter 23 (Picture of Restaurant)

Eliana's POV

I debated really hard on called James or not.  I decided I had to because I told him I would. 

"James?"  I asked when he finally answered his phone. 

"I didn't think you would call me."  He was slurring his words really bad. 

"Where are you?"  I asked, worried now. 

"You would like to know, wouldn't you?"  He asked laughing. 

"James Allen Woosley!  Are you drinking?"  I felt like his mother, but I was worried. 

"Sweetheart, I don't care if you tell me not to, I am.  I miss you, though,"  he said.  I wish I could see him, so I could slap him upside the head. 

"Please, don't do anything too stupid.  Where are you?"

"Telling you that would be really stupid,"  he said laughing. 

"James!"  I yelled.  I was getting really frustrated. 

"Calm down, babe.  I'm at the bar."

"I'm coming to pick you up."

"Why do you care?  I cheated on you and lied to you.  Don't do me any favors.  I know you hate me now."

"I hate to say this, but I couldn't hate you even if I wanted to.  We will talk about this when I get there."

I hung up and drove to the only bar in town.  I was nervous to go in there.  First, everyone knows Cory in this little town.  Second, everyone knows me in this little town.  Lastly, I didn't want to face the man that was leaving me for four years, after cheating on me.  Of course, I walked in anyways. 

"Eliana... Baby.  How are you?"  I heard someone ask.  It was John, one of Cory's old friends. 

"John, you're drunk."  He went to touch my butt, but I stepped away.  "No.  Don't even think about it."

"Really?  Come one baby."

"She said no.  That means no,"  I heard James say from behind me. 

"Aw... Little soldier boy comes to the rescue.  How sweet."

"Dude.  Don't.  Test.  Me,"  James said getting mad. 

"James.  Don't,"  I whispered. 

"Listen to her, James.  What is she going to do when you are gone.  She's going to run to the next lucky guy."

"Come on, James.  Let's just go home,"  I said pulling on his arm.

"You're are so lucky she wants me to leave," Jame said walking out the door with me. 

Once we made it to the car, I stopped and just stared at him.  "What?"  He asked getting into the car.

"Nothing."  John was right what was I going to do without him here for the next four years.  I might have been mad at him right now, but within two weeks of him being gone, I was going to miss him like crazy.  "When do you leave?"  I asked after a few minutes. 

"In the start of May, so about a month from now.  I should have told you sooner, but I was just too scared to lose you,"  he said.

"I'm not entirely mad, anymore.  I'm just really sad.  Sad that you lied to me, sad that you kept secrets from me, but mostly sad that you never fully loved me.  There was always a part of you longing to be with her when you were with me."

"No.  I've always loved you.  I just got lost.  I will never happen again.  You know everything now."

"Do I?"