Catching Up

Eleanor's Point of View

I step out into the misting rain, allowing it to refresh me, and thankful to have the weekend off. Don't get me wrong, I love working as a model for Hollister, but I do enjoy my time off.

I get into my car and fumble around in my purse for my cell phone. I smile to myself once I find it and see that I have two new messages, both being from my best friends, Danielle and Perrie.

I decide to read Danielle's first.

Dani: Hey babe, I'm excited for tonight :) this is a much needed girls weekend. Hurry up and get home. Xx

Then Perrie's

Perrie: Hey love, I can't wait to see you and Dani tonight, it feels like its been so long. I'll see you later ;)

I feel myself grinning from ear to ear as I remember that Perrie is coming over for the weekend. I live with Danielle, but with her being a dancer, it's hard to find time to just spend together and relax.

I lay my phone in the passenger seat and pull the seat belt across my chest, start the engine, and turn the radio up. I smile a little more when I hear One Direction's song, 'Live While We're Young' on. I turn the volume up a little more, and smile even more, hearing the familiar voice that belongs to Harry Styles, one of my best friends. My smile fades, as I think about the fact that we haven't talked in a while. I shrug off my thoughts and begin the drive home.

--

With me being so anxious for the weekend, I make it home in record time. As I'm making my way to the front door, I see Danielle dancing through the window. I laugh and bang on the door for her attention. She abruptly stops and looks through the window to see me. I make a funny face, which earns a smile her.

"Welcome home!" She squeals, once she's opened the door.

"Save the dancing for the this weekend!" I wink at my best friend, causing both of us to laugh.

"Is Perrie here yet?" I question, walking into the house.

"No, not yet. Within the next hour she should be though." Dani replies with a grin.

Danielle, Perrie, and I have always been really close. Even with Perrie being in a band, we still manage to stay pretty close.

I make a pouty face at Danielle. She hugs me, and pulls me into the kitchen. "C'mon you baby, you can help finish making dinner." She teases.

I groan, knowing that Danielle is the chef in this house, not me.

"Why don't you-" Dani pauses to hand me a plate stacked with tortillas. "Fry these."

"You mean burn these?" I joke.

Danielle playfully rolls her eyes at me before returning to whatever she is doing on the counter.

Ten minutes later, I'm done with the tortillas. I turn around to see Danielle has the bar full of things for the tortillas. I shake my head at the thought that there's so much food for just three people, but then again, Perrie does eat a lot.

"Something smells gooood!" A familiar voice sings through the entrance.

"PERRIE!" Danielle takes off toward the front door.

I hear a loud THUMP, followed by a few groans, I'm guessing they ran into each other.

"Where's Eleanor?" I hear Perrie's voice, full of curiosity.

"Here I am!" I bounce my way into the living room and embrace her in a hug.

"It is so good to see my girls!" Perrie yelps, pulling Danielle into the hug also.

"It's been too long!" Dani whines.

"Which is why" Perrie grabs her suit case off the floor. "It's time to get this weekend started."

I laugh. "I'll take that." I take Perrie's suit case to the extra bedroom we have.

Dani and I live in a pretty big house for just the two of us. We each have our own bedroom, plus an extra. Two bathrooms, a fairly large living room, and a decent sized kitchen.

--

After the girls and I have finished eating our fajitas, Perrie eating twice as many as I did, we change into our pajamas.We decide to keep the night lazy, considering its already pretty late.

"What movie should we watch?" Danielle wonders out loud.

"Anything is alright with me, babe." I reply, laying my head in her lap.

Dani begins to play with my hair, as Perrie begins to speak. "Or we could just talk."

"I like the way you think." I grin, propping my feet up in her lap.

Perrie begins to tickle my feet, thus sending me to the floor from all the giggling.

I regain my stability and manage to get back on the couch, sitting crisscrossed between my two best friends.

"How was the DNA Tour?" Danielle questions Perrie.

I quietly sigh, realizing its been months since we've been together like this. We get to see each other every now and then, but we haven't had time like this in a while. I look up to Perrie and see that she's wearing an enormous smile.

"It was really good!" She exclaims. "The girls and I really enjoyed ourselves. It's nothing big like what One Direction are doing right now -" she cuts herself off and looks at me with her playful bluish green eyes, "Speaking of One Direction, how's Harry?"

I pause for a moment to think. The last time I got to see him was in May before he and the boys left for America for their Take Me Home Tour...we've talked a little here and there, but nothing major. And now it's July. "He's doing all right, as far as I know." I finally say quietly.

"Maybe he'll call you Tuesday." Dani quickly pipes up.

"What's Tuesday again?" I ask in absolute confusion.

"Your birthday, silly!" She laughs, lightly slapping my arm.

"Oh, yeah!" I laugh, feeling a little like an idiot.

"And even if he doesn't" Perrie begins. "I'm going to be here for a little over a week."

"Really?!?" I turn to her in surprise.

"Happy Birthday, El!" She shouts and hugs me for the second time tonight.

I smile like a lunatic as I yawn. "I'll have to call my boss in the morning to see if she'll give me the week off...fingers crossed." I close my eyes and cross my fingers.

Dani laughs, "For once, I don't have a busy week planned."

I turn to her, my mouth gaping open. This is unheard of for Danielle, even when she's not busy, she's busy.

"It's official. This will be a good birthday, I can already tell." I smile from Danielle and then to Perrie.

"Anyone else tired?" Danielle yawns.

I nod my head yes, as does Perrie.

Dani and Perrie make their way to the hallway that leads to the bedrooms.

I stand up and turn off the lamp that we had on. "This is going to be a good birthday..." I whisper again to myself, seriously believing it.

•••••••

Author's Note:

In case you're confused, I had the idea to make it as if Danielle, Perrie, and Eleanor have always been good friends, and they're just now meeting One Direction. Please bare with me, because I think it will make more sense as I continue with the story. I'm really excited for this, and I have some ideas that I hope will end up being good ones. If you have any advice or ideas, please do let me know.

Massive Thank You for reading,

-Savannah :)