The Rejection

Author's note: Hey guys, we'll be posting a new chapter every Saturday but since we had extra time this week expect another couple chapters this week! Please vote and tell your friends about this story if you like it. Don't forget to leave a comment if you want :)

Trevor POV:  (A/N: Trevor on side)
I pulled into my driveway right behind my Nonnie's silver Nissan and I got out of the car hearing the familiar crunch of leaves under my feet as I walked into my house.

My Mom and my Nonnie were sitting down in the living room playing cards, while my Dad was busy putting a chicken into the oven.

"Welcome home Trevor, how was school?" Nonnie asked looking up from her game.

I took in a deep breath smelling fresh herbs and food cooking in the oven, the smell of home.

"Well, I actually have something that I want to tell you guys" I said as they all turned to look at me with concerned looks.

"I got asked out on a date !!" I said full of excitement.

Smiles spread across the faces of my family as they stared at me amused.

"Whoo! I knew my grandson would get a boyfriend in no time!" Nonnie said cheerily, her blue eyes glowing. I grinned at her.

 "Thanks Non" I said kissing her cheek. I plopped down on a nearby chair and sighed.

"Well... What's for dinner tonight Dad?"I asked as he came out of the kitchen wiping his hands on a dish rag.

(My dad is the head chef at a famous french restaurant so his cooking is bomb). My Dad shrugged.

 "Oven roasted chicken, corn, mashed potatoes and gravy. Just something simple." He said and we shook our heads at him laughing, a four course meal is simple to him.

A hour or so later I turned off my T.V and headed downstairs to eat dinner. My Mom and Nonnie started interrogating me about Braden as soon as I sat down to eat, I guess they were worried he was like my middle school bullies but I trusted him and my instincts.

"Nonnie I'm going to be fine! He's not going to ax murder me and leave me in an alley !" I said laughing as I finished my food.

I got up, placing my dish in the sink and I said my good nights heading back up to my room. After watching a few of my shows I turned off the T.V and put my headphones in to go to sleep.

I can't wait till tomorrow !

Caleb POV:

After Claire left my house, I sat in my room for a long time processing what just happened. 

"Claire has feelings for me ... Claire just slapped me " I whispered to myself touching my smarting cheek.

"Caleb come down and help me with dinner!" My Mom yelled from the kitchen breaking me from my thoughts.

I sighed. "Coming !" I yelled back trudging downstairs.

My Mother handed me a sharp knife pointing to a stack of vegetables to chop up. I walked over and began chopping up the vegetables in a comfortable silence as light classical music played in the background.

"So your father is coming home early for dinner tonight" she said smiling at me.

I looked away from her hopeful smile, I just wanted to tell her not to worry about it and that I truly gave up caring if he came home anymore. It was important to her so I'll deal with him if it makes her happy.

Mom placed her famous baked ziti on the table with all the works: Garlic bread, a tossed salad with Italian dressing and croutons and even wine for the both of them.