The Last Step

The Other Side POV:

I have never felt this angry. How dare she poison us? She will get punished just like all the others that dare to hurt us. I'm trapped for now, Eric is trying to suppress me but he knows that as soon as we heal I will get her.

My hunger is becoming insatiable and soon I will have to take control and do what I was born to do.

But for now I'll lay here and wait for the right moment to deliver that bitch's punishment.

Eric POV:

I've finally regained mobility of my body and the fever has broken. His Nonnie says that it's very unnatural to heal in one night. Trevor led me out to his porch and we sat in a old swing. I looked at him waiting for him to ask about the hallucinations.

"She died a  few years ago" I said staring at the trees in front of me. Trevor looked at me with a pitiful expression, I despise that look.

"From what?" He asked.
That's when I tensed, I reached into my pocket and lit a cigarette taking a drag. The truth was I really didn't remember, I was young and I remember sitting and waiting for my mom the day she died. That's where everything goes blank.

"Listen I don't want to get into it Trevor. I just wanted to tell you before you asked" I snapped. I looked away from his face and took another drag, blowing out a long curl of smoke.

He nodded in understanding. So much was on my mind, my other side had done something really bad and I had to see for myself.

"Trevor I'm gonna head out" I said and grabbed my keys next to me.

He frowned, we both knew that Claire was a snake woman and fully capable of poisoning me with her venom and this time, she could actually kill me. I needed to see Braden, I had to see what I've done to him.

"Trevor I'm fine. Thanks you Trevor I mean it, I've never had a friend that I could rely on. The last friend I had abandoned me, you've never done that and.." I trailed off.
He didn't know anything about me and I was going to keep it that way.

He sighed and smiled at me pulling me into a tense hug. I stood there tensely while he hugged me, affection was not my thing.

"It's okay Eric I get it. I'll hold Nonnie off for you so you can get going" he said and finally let me go.

I backed up and nodded walking away to my car. Trevor must have brought back while I was sleeping.

I drove to Carcer Mental Hospital and walked through the door, I heard around school that this is here Braden is. Several people recognized me as I walked in.

I forced myself to keep my head up as I walked to the front desk. A snarky receptionist with fake blonde hair and smudged lipstick stared at me with a rude expression.

"Can I help you?" She snapped pausing from her typing. My other side risen and gave her a powerful stare that made her shrink into her chair. I took control back and forced a blank expression.

"I'm here to see Braden Marari, he was recently admitted a few days ago." I said and she frowned.

"I'm not allowed to give access to friends"she said backing away. I glared at her, I was trying to be nice but she was being difficult.

"Listen here you're going to allow me access to his room now" I snapped and she nodded and handed me a key following my orders. I grabbed it out of her hand and walked off down the hallway towards his room.

I stood outside the door and quieted my other side, he was fighting for control but this was too important, I had to see what we've done to him. I quickly smoked a cigarette to keep him at bay and entered the room.