The Night Sky

Trevor POV:

I sat in the waiting room twisting my hands together. Caleb and Ryan were in the corner of the waiting room talking. While I sat in a stiff cheap chair waiting for the doctor to tell me about his current condition. How did he even crash? The responder said no one could have been on that road, his father owned that stretch of road.

"Hey" Caleb said handing me a  bottle of water.

I forced a small smile and took a sip even though I wasn't thirsty.

"Thanks" I said looking down.

I know Caleb must be wondering about why I care about Eric so much, but I knew he was going to wait until a better time to ask me.

He glanced at his mother who was waiting for him down the hallway.

"Caleb go home I'll be fine. I'm just waiting for the doctor." I said.

He frowned at me and searched my face for something. I gently pushed him away.

"Go home and get some rest Caleb, I'll be fine." I told him.
He sighed and got up giving me a pat on the shoulder and walked away.

The doctor finally came out and hesitantly approached me.

"Usually I only tell family this but this poor kid is all alone. Your friend Eric.. He's well in a coma." He said pulling me towards his room.

I gasped in shock and horror, tears filling my eyes.

"The car accident was very bad, the car was aflame and he was thrown through the windshield."
The doctor told me opening the door to his room.

"When is he going to wake up ?" I asked staring at his peaceful face, he looked unlike himself.For once he looked serene and peaceful.

"That's the thing, we don't know...You should prepare yourself for the reality that he might not ever wake up." The doctor said patting my shoulder leaving me alone with him.

I pulled a chair up to his bed and grabbed his hand holding it gently. I remember the day he helped me, he watched over me that night with Braden. He even got in a fight for me.

He was a true friend.

"Where's his family?" Ryan asked staring at Eric. I shook my head sadly.

"I called everywhere looking for his dad, no one knows where he is." I told Ryan.

To think that he would be all alone if we weren't here.

Ryan clicked his teeth shaking his head.

"I really hope he wakes up" he said laying a supporting hand on my shoulder.
I sighed looking at Eric's face which was covered with cuts and ash. But not even that would dull his gorgeous looks.

I looked up at Ryan who was absently rubbing my shoulder with his thumb in thought. It's so sweet that he stayed so I could watch over Eric.

After about half an hour it started to get unbearably hot inside Eric's room.

"Ry, can you go tell a nurse to turn down the heat in here ?" I asked gulping down the rest of my water.

He nodded sweat starting to drip down his forehead. I looked at Eric's head and watched him twitch.

I stood up leaning over him to see if he was trying to say something when suddenly the machines started to go off like crazy. His eyelids snapped open revealing fiery red eyes.

I screamed jumping away as he sat up sharply.

"Trevor back away!" He yelled grabbing his hair. That night I found him snapped into my head and I ran to the box with all his possessions and found a pack of cigarettes and a lighter inside.