The Truth

Caleb POV:

I felt the slow rock of my body moving side and forth like someone dragging me. My arm was slung over their shoulder and my legs dragged behind me on the ground. I heard the snapping of tree branches and heard birds chirping in the distance and I slowly came to. I groggily opened my eyes and looked at the person.

Ryan was  tense with anger and focused on getting me out. His tan skin was covered in a layer of sweat under the warm autumn sun and his arm was tightly locked around me.

"Ryan?" I rasped. He shook his head and reached the end of the woods.

"Don't talk Caleb you're hurt" he said sternly and placed me in the backseat of his car. I watched him get into the driver's seat and clench the leather covered wheel in his hands.

"I'm sorry" I said my eyes drooping. He sighed and shook his head putting the car into drive.

"Don't worry about me right now" He said and I passed out.

I slowly woke up again and I opened my eyes to the familiar safety of my bedroom. The house was empty and quiet, the sun was shining through my window as I struggled to sit up.

"Caleb? How are you feeling?" Ryan said leaning over to see me. I forced a smile and looked at him pulling the navy blue comforter closer to my body.

"I'm fine" I lied. His eyes flashed a powerful gold as he leaned closer to me.

"Do you know what could have happened Caleb?" He growled. I looked down and leaned away from him, I knew I shouldn't have went out there but I was so mad and upset. He grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him.

"He could have KILLED you" he seethed and backed away. He ran a hand through his hair and laughed bitterly.

"Do you know how hard it would have been to tell your mother or Trevor that you died because of me? Trevor's your best friend and he needs you! Your mom needs you Caleb!" He said and waved his arms around my room gesturing to my room filled with pictures and memories that I've gathered over the years.

My eyes caught the sight of a small picture; it was me and my mom posing at the beach one day, Trevor was in the back with a wide grin and his tongue out. Why would I do that? At that moment it made sense. Now I realized how much pain I would have caused. 

I bit my lip trying not to lose it in front of him. I already knew all of this, I never wanted this to happen. All I wanted was to take control of my own life again. Everything just keeps spinning out of control.

"I KNOW! I already know that okay?... I was just so mad...Ever since this whole werewolf thing, my life has been spinning out of control! I just wanted some control back." I blurted out and hid my head in my hands to hide the tears.

I felt my bed sink as he sat down, he pulled my hands away from my face and hugged me.

"Caleb trust me I understand, but don't put your life in danger okay? Trevor would be heartbroken if you died." He said and I nodded and forced a laugh. 

I hated crying, it made me feel so weak. My dad always told me that tears were for the weak and here I am crying like an infant.

"Thanks Ryan" I said and leaned back on my pillow. He smiled and patted my shoulder.

"No problem".

Trevor POV:

I sat at the edge of my bed staring at the pot where I planted the seed Titus gave me.

"What are you?" I quickly pulled to me. I put the pot between my thighs and placed my hands over it.

"Okay Trevor, you can do this." I took a deep breath in and slowly let it out. I cleared all thoughts from my mind, just concentrating on the plant, putting all my power into the plant and imagined that it was growing.