The Chains

(A/N: We are sorry we didn't post a chapter yesterday, but we're back on track now ;)

Ryan POV:

I look around for someone to help this Trevor kid but no one was around. I just can't leave him here, I have to get him home. I carefully checked his pockets to find his info, I found his I.D. with his name and address and I picked him up and carried him to my car.

After I laid him in the passenger seat, I sped off almost hitting a few people.

During the drive to his home, he kept groaning and twitching almost like he was having a nightmare.

I don't know why i'm doing this. I already have my own problems but I know deep down that he needs my help.

I finally found his house which was difficult considering he lives in the middle of the woods. I became more alert, being in these woods put me on edge.

I parked in his driveway and carefully picked him up bridal style. I hope he doesn't think I'm a creep kidnapping him or something. I walked to his front door carrying him in my arms.

I knocked on the door careful not to drop him,but no one answered the door.

I groaned and searched his pockets for a key. I prayed that he wouldn't wake up as I searched and finally I found his keys. After a minute of trying random keys, I finally found the right one and I opened the door.

I laid him on the couch and looked down at his peaceful face. That's when he of course started to wake up with a startled look on his face.

Oh great, now I have to explain this to him.

Claire POV:

As soon as I got home from cheer practice my mother approached me with a bright smile on her face.

"Darling" she chirped extending her hand so that I could kiss it.

"Guess who called me today ? You're little boyfriend's mother inviting us to dinner tonight" She said with a mischievous look in her eyes.

I grinned, this is a great way to start phase one of my plan. I'm going to make Caleb think that we're friends again and then I'm going to shock him with my secret weapon Eric.

I went to my room to prepare for dinner tonight.My plan is coming together perfectly.

Caleb POV:

"You what !" I exclaimed as my mother polished our silverware.

"Claire's mother is an important client of mine, plus I thought you and Claire were friends again" she said setting the silverware on the table.

I sighed shaking my head at my mother.

"Yeah, but it's still awkward" I complained. She smiled and patted my shoulder.

"You'll live sweetheart, not go get dressed they'll be here soon".

I groaned and trudged up the stairs contemplating sneaking out to go to Trevor's house. I didn't want my mom upset again so I decided against it.

I pulled on some fresh clothes and soon enough they were here. I sighed and went downstairs to go greet them. Claire stood next to her mother when I reached the door and she smiled at me stepping away from her mother to give me a friendly hug.

"Hey Cal" she said nicely with a gracious smile that confused me. Why is she acting like nothing ever happened between us ?

She pulled away making a playful gagging expression as she eyed our mothers talking. I smiled back at her, maybe this dinner won't be so bad.