The End

Caleb POV:

I opened my eyes and looked up at the familiar ceiling, a feeling of loss filled me. We had all failed. Iris was back to her usual self, a blank stare carefully composed. Yet today, while helping Nonnie cook breakfast she had dropped 3 plates and crushed a glass in her hand before dismissing herself. 

Christian had followed along roughly grabbing her shoulder and pressing her against the wall to get her under control. Of course I can't judge her, Ryan had to jump out of bed to stop me from turning full wolf when I stepped outside. We were all trying to act normal for him.

Nate hasn't moved, ate, drank, or spoken since last night. Iris stayed with him as long as she could handle it but the sight would break anyone's heart. Nonnie says he needs time, what he went through was enough to break anyone.

Trevor tapped my shoulder breaking my thoughts as I finished getting dressed. We got into the car Ryan taking Trevor's hand wordlessly.

"Are we really going to school after everything ?" I asked closing my eyes.

Eric was by no means my friend, but he was a person and watching him get  mentally torn to pieces made me sick. I walked to my locker and leaned my head against the cool metal. This was cruelty.

"Stop it Caleb. Stop thinking about it okay? We have to keep moving on for Nate, that means we have to stop... okay?" Trevor said fresh tears filling his eyes.

I grabbed his shoulder and hugged him tightly ignoring the stares we attracted.

"That's why we're going to school and we're gonna play that football game today and we're gonna celebrate for Eric." He whispered clutching onto me.

I nodded into his shoulder, he was right.

"We can do this Trev, together just like always." I promised.

He looked up at me, his blue eyes were wet with tears as he gave me a smile.

"Together."

We went to our classes hearing the rumors beginning to spread about Eric. Whispers circled around and I couldn't help but glance at his empty locker. I remember the beginning of the school year, his eyes glaring harshly into mine while surrounded by people everyone knew he hated.

Trevor pulled me towards the locker room and we got dressed in silence. Ryan gently kissed Trevor's forehead and patted me on the shoulder. Trevor forced a smile and we headed out to the field blocking out the coach's screams of anger because our quarterback was gone again.

One of the older players filled in and I let my mind go blank focusing on the practice. We have a game to win.

Nonnie POV:

I looked at him. I could feel his pain, his sorrow... He is lost without Eric, but I know he'll get him back.

I might not know Nate that well, but I do know that Nate has been through hell and back and his spirit won't be broken. Knowing what he is, knowing how they're kind is when they fall in love... this empty feeling won't be filled until Eric is back in his arms.

I walk to him and sit next to him. I grab him and pull him in.

"Nate, I know you're in immense pain and I can't imagine how much it hurts, but you will get him back."

"The bond that you two share is unbreakable and I know you can feel him." I could feel a tear fall on my chest from him.

"Nate. As long as you can feel that connection you know he's still there. He needs you to come back from that dark place." He sat up and looked at me.