The Kings Of The School

Caleb POV:

I groaned opening my eyes to be greeted with my familiar white ceiling.
I felt my shoulder feeling for bite marks and smiled.

Nothing was there. The whole thing was a dream.

"What a nightmare" I said to myself standing up. The house was dead silent and it made me feel sick.

Before my Dad started his new job, my house on a Sunday morning was filled with noise.

My mom would cook breakfast while my Dad watched the news. Then I would wake up and come downstairs and we would eat together like a family and talk about our plans for the day.

Then that all changed, my Dad would go to work instead of having breakfast with us, mom stopped making breakfast for all of us and instead made enough for me and her.

Everything just faded away into memories.

"Caleb" my mom said peeking inside my room.

"Mom?" I asked looking at her sad expression. She looked away and sniffled.

 "Breakfast in 5" She said and closed the door.

Worry churned in my stomach as I got dressed and rushed downstairs and slowly sat down at the table. My parents watched me with hidden expression.

"Caleb sweetheart, I know you've noticed that you're father and I have been fighting a lot, but I just want you to know that we both love you so much" she said starting to choke up.

My Dad rolled his eyes, "basically we're getting a divorce son" he said and my whole body turned numb.

"If you didn't run out last night we would have told you then" he quipped and adrenaline and anger filled my body.

I pointed to the front door.

"Get out" I snarled.
My father looked at me dumbfounded at my behavior.

"GET OUT " I yelled and grabbed him, throwing him to the floor.

"Caleb !" my mother screamed but I stood my ground, glaring at my father.

"I'll leave" he snapped standing up and grabbed his keys.

He gave my mother a look and stormed out the door slamming it behind me. My mother opened her mouth to say something but I cut her off.

"I'm going to Trevor's house" I said disappearing out the door.

Trevor POV:

I jumped out of my bed as someone loudly knocked on my door. I winced in pain as I leaned out my window to see who it was.

"Cal?" I asked looking at my very upset best friend.

I pulled on a shirt and ran downstairs mentally preparing myself for what Caleb had to say. I opened the door and let him inside, goosebumps spreading across my arms as he breezed past me.

"What's wrong Cal ?" I asked.

He looked at me and burst into tears.

"My parents are getting a divorce " he choked out. I quickly pulled me into a hug trying to comfort him.

"Oh Caleb" I whispered as he held onto me, sobbing into my shoulder.

"I sh-should have seen it coming, I did see it coming.. I just didn't want to believe it".

I rubbed his back gently, "It's okay Caleb, I'm here for you" I said and I sat him down on the couch while I went to grab us some drinks.

I paused looking through my kitchen window, I can't tell him about that night, I can't tell anybody I thought. I turned back to Caleb who had his head in his hands and I went to comfort him.