Part 25:

Damon's POV

"Hello there," Someone purred beside me. I smirked and turned around. 

"Hey," I replied, eyeing the blonde girl sitting beside me. She grinned.  

"I've never seen you around." She mused. "Are you a new-comer?"  

"I'm chaperoning, honey." I informed her. 

"Are you strict about following the rules?" She asked. I could see where this was headed. I might as well get some. However, blood is more appealing than the stuck-up, intoxicated teenagers.  

"Why do you ask?" I tilted my head to the side. She placed a hand on my thigh. 

"Well," She started moving her hand a little, "I'm about to break a rule." 

"Damon, where were you?!" Elena asked as soon as I came out of the washroom.  

"Went for a bite. Any problem?" I asked. 

Elena gasped. "I told you not to feed off humans!!"  

I rolled my eyes. "Stop being so fussy, Elena. It was just a bite. I made her forget about it and gave her my blood."  

"Hey, where did you rush off to?!"  

Just great. Saint Stefan made his entrance too. 

"I already told her. It was no big deal." I said. Stefan narrowed his eyes at me before looking at Elena. 

"Where did your phone go? I was calling you from that time!" He asked her. 

"It's right -" She stopped mid sentence. "I don't get it. I kept the phone with me. I'm sure of it. Where could it go?"  

"Hey guys!!" Vampire barbie decided to grace us with her presence.  

What was this; a Scooby-Gang meet? 

"Caroline," Stefan looked at her. "What's wrong?" 

"I can't find Kris. I searched the whole place." She stated.  

Now THAT definitely grabbed my attention. 

"What do you mean you can't find her?" Elena asked. "Isn't she with Matt?"  

"Nope. Already asked him." Caroline said.  

I took a sharp breath. This couldn't be good. In a normal town, I could've assumed something else but here at Mystic Falls, when somebody disappears mysteriously, it only means one thing: Supernatural Being. 

I guess Stefan was thinking the same because he turned to look at me.  

That's when my phone started ringing. 

Elena? But she was right here. 

"Hello, Damon." A voice I could never forget, said. 

"Katherine?!" All heads turned to me as soon as the word left my mouth.  

"How've you been, Damon?" She asked. Stefan and Caroline listened in on the conversation as Elena tried to reach over for the phone so she could hear. 

"What do you want, Katherine?" I snapped. Stefan motioned me to put the phone on loudspeaker. For a change, I followed his orders.  

"How about a little game?" She asked. I could almost feel her smirking on the other line. 

"I've no time for your games." I spat. 

"Oh c'mon, Damon!! You used to be much more fun than this!! Always submissive to me." She said.