Part 6(Damon's POV):

I kept running till I reached the end of the forest. I stopped suddenly and looked at the photograph in my hand. “So long, Katherine Pierce.” I said burning her picture. But I didn’t understand why I got angry at Kristen. Why did I shout at her? I hated myself for doing that. Obviously anyone would have asked if they saw their best friend’s photo (who had a boyfriend) in someone else’s wardrobe. Little did she know that it was Katherine’s photo…where was the need to talk to her so harshly? Where was the need to behave so cold? Ugh! I will never forgive myself for hurting the only girl I love and will love. I should say sorry to her. I HAVE to say sorry to her. I don’t want to ruin our relationship for Katherine. I can’t do that. Moreover, if she sees me getting so touchy on Katherine’s or Elena’s topic then she will definitely come to know the truth. I wouldn’t risk her finding out the truth. I can’t do that. I can’t have her hating me like Elena did. No, I just need to go and apologize. Great! The egoistic Damon Salvatore apologizes. At least, that’s what I am. Egoistic…more like stupid to get angry at such things. I decided to go home at once and started off towards home. I entered home. It looked kind of empty. I couldn’t smell her. “Kristen?!” I called out. There was no answer. “Kris? Are you there?” I tried again. I ran into my room. It was empty and so was every other room in the house. I couldn’t understand. Where had she gone? What if she was pissed off at me? What if she was angry? What if she had gone for that reason? I frowned and called up Stefan. “Damon? What happened? Why did you call?” Stefan asked.

“Nothing, I’m dying.” I said sarcastically.

“Stop joking, tell me why you called?” he asked again.

“I am missing you.” I joked.

“Sure…if there is nothing else to say then I’m hanging up. Anyhow, I am coming home.” He said annoyed.

“Great, I gotta talk to you.” I said getting serious.

“Okay…” he said hanging up the phone. I kept my phone down and walked to the bar. I poured myself some wine and sat down. Maybe I should ask Stefan about Katherine. We thought she had gone but did she really? Lately, I heard a lot about murders happening in Mystic Falls. And as far as I knew, I wasn’t involved in the murder. I chose my victims carefully and drowned them in the lake. But who was this lazy killer who craved to be known in this town? Who was crazy for human blood; more than me? They didn’t even clean up their mess. Newborns, I wondered. I called Caroline at once.

“Hey. What happened?” I heard her say on the other end of the line.

“Nothing…I was just calling to ask if you are on the radar lately.”

“Come to the point, Damon. I’m busy right now.”

“Oo…vampire Barbie is busy.”

“Did Kris come? Yah okay…I’m coming…” I heard Caroline speak to someone.

“Kris who?” I asked curiously.

“Kristen Rogers.”

“Oh okay, anyway I was asking if you killed anyone recently.”

That seemed to get her interest. “No I didn’t…why was someone murdered?” she asked.

“Yup…many of ‘em…I think it’s one of ‘em psychopaths who kill for pleasure and don’t clean up.”

“I think so too. Anyway, Damon, I’ll talk to you later. Kris showed up just now. I gotta go…”

“Oh okay…go ahead.”

So she was at Caroline’s. I think she really is annoyed with me. I should apologize before everything ruins between us. I shuddered at the thought of that.