Part 12(Damon's POV):

Hey you''ll!!! How are you doing?! Thought a little author's note would be good. Anyway this is just a filler chapter. I got exams coming up so I can't really promise another part till after 17th October. But the story's gonna become interesting from then on! It'll be great, I promise. Anyway, this is an update on my birthday. I love you guys! Thanks for reading this...

                                                                                    ----

I tried calling once again. It was switched off. She bloody switched it off! I sighed and threw my phone on the bed and poured myself some bourbon. Life was just so unfair sometimes. Then again, it never was fair! I turned around to see Stefan enter in a worried mood.

“What happened? Did the doppelganger not kiss you?” I joked.

“She’s out with her friends. Kristen went along with them right?” he asked frowning. I wondered how many times he did that everyday.

“Yes, I think so.” I answered slowly looking away. It felt like she didn’t want to return at all. Stefan just stood that way for a while. I was getting kind of freaked out at his silence so I broke the silence, “Well I’ve been meaning to ask you; what did Liz say…?” I had suddenly remembered about them. In my tension of seeing Kristen yesterday, I had completely forgotten about why I was actually out. But what could I do? My ‘heart’ skipped a beat when I saw her helpless. I looked at Stefan shift his leg and walk up to the bar beside me. He sat down and looked at me.

“No luck there. Liz wasn’t at home and also Alaric wasn’t aware about it. He said he had known about the killings but he thought it was you. So he didn’t give much thought. But he’s on the look out now so I guess there won’t be much of a problem.”

It was my turn to frown now. Everything had to be about me, right? Well, being the bad ass that I am, I would have smirked but this was different. Alaric, out of all people, knew me. He knew I wouldn’t kill so carelessly. I mean carelessly as in not discarding the bodies; if you know what I mean. But well, there again I was defeated. My baby brother always took care of my killings but I did make sure to never leave any sign behind. Duh, for that! How could he not know? I would talk to him about the later. Right now, I just wanted to know more.

“I’m afraid this turning into a dead rat race. This is probably not Katherine. I can bet on that…” before he could say more I chuckled, “How about hundred dollars?”

Stefan frowned again and continued, “Shut up, Damon! This is not a joke…” I resisted the urge to laugh and then said, “Aw, come on! I like the element of surprise. Especially when I surprise you.” Stefan raised his brow and got up. Okay, that was my cue. He would probably not say another word to me so I kept a straight face and motioned him to carry on. He did thankfully.

“This vampire or vampires are different. And they definitely mean more trouble than Katherine. We knew how to handle her and we also knew her scent. So far I haven’t been able to trace her scent in the woods. So that means it isn’t Katherine.”

“So it isn’t old Katherine.” I said repeating Stefan’s words. Funny, I thought I knew Katherine more than Stefan but just a few months back I wanted to get her out of the tomb. That just explains how stupid I was to even think of wanting her back. She never really loved me. She always used me for her own pleasure. For her own entertainment…I was a toy in her hands. I would have believed she loved me still until her recent entry in town. She had proven just how much of a bitch she was by killing Caroline, turning her, almost killing Jeremy and everyone else in town. But well, I couldn’t blame her as well. She was a selfish bitch. She only cared about herself. I couldn’t believe I actually loved her. She made me feel disgusted at her presence.

I got up from my seat and looked at Stefan. “Where are you going?” he asked.

“I’m going outside to have a little talk with Ric and figure out what’s wrong. Don’t expect me to be back home early…I’m going to find this killer and make him regret choosing Mystic Falls for his killing spree. Once I’m done with him; he’ll even regret thinking about coming to this town for snacks.” I announced pretty much keen on getting done with this already.

Stefan simply nodded his head not opposing my idea for once. After all, even he felt that this killer should die. Or else, his pretty Elena would be harmed. Even I shuddered at that idea. Not only Elena but anyone else could get harmed. I didn’t want that to happen. I walked out of the door and got into my black Ferrari. Ah, how I was found of this car...

                                                                              ----- 

Oh, look that's Dristen on the side! Yeah, I know, I know. It's a Nian pic but we have to give it up for the editor of that pic. They actually made it look like it was Kristen with Damon.

So anyway, how was it? Who is the freaking killer? Kristen is a very bad girl to ignore Damon but she'll come to love him so don't worry about that. So any comments? Fan? Votes? Please make sure to vote if you like it :) Have a nice day!!!! Bye!!!!