Part 5:

Finally done with Part 5...hope you all like it! And please do comment!

                                                                                 - - - - -

I opened the desk and looked at the picture. It was something unexpected. I made sure to check if it was Damon’s wardrobe. Well, this was his room so obviously the wardrobe also belonged to him. But why was this here? I couldn’t understand and decided to ask Damon about it. I went to him and saw him sitting on the chair beside the mini bar he had in his house. He was drinking Vodka. I cleared my throat and got his attention. He turned towards me as I lifted it up and waved it in the air to show it to him.

“Hey, I found this in your wardrobe. I thought it best to give it to you…” I said handing him the picture. He looked at it and his expression changed. From that smiling face to a serious face; something Damon rarely does. I found it quite shocking.

“Where did you find this?” he asked.

“In your wardrobe. I was searching for the first aid kit and I found it. I think…” before I could continue he frowned and said, “Most probably, Elena left it. Or maybe Stefan must have kept it here by mistake.”

“Oh, then I will hand it over to Stefan.” I offered but he cut me off, “No problem. I’ll give it to Stefan. You should just rest. You aren’t fully healed of day before yesterday’s injuries. As for me, I gotta go. I’ve some work to take care of…I guess I’ll be seeing you afterwards.” He walked away abruptly. I opened my mouth after him. What was that? I wondered. Why was he so touchy on Elena’s topic? But I wasn’t even sure if it was Elena. I mean as far as I know, that girl wouldn’t let me curl her hair how much ever hard I tried. And she was so NOT that English ladies to wear pretty gowns which of course were out of fashion. But she had to be Elena! I mean who else would it be? It wasn’t like she had a twin or something. But she looked pretty better than she was now…I mean it’s not like she didn’t look beautiful now but she looked better in that picture of hers. I was gonna ask Elena about it. She wouldn’t let me curl her hair, let alone let me experiment on it but she curled her hair? Anyway, speaking of which I had decided to visit Caroline, Elena and Bonnie today. We are having a slumber party today. Last night, Bonnie had called to ask me how I was. And that’s when she’d suggested that we could have a slumber party. And I was waiting eagerly for it as I didn’t want to face Damon now. The way he had sounded just now, well he looked kind of pissed off! I wasn’t sure why, but I wasn’t up for any stupid scene with him. It was better if I avoided him for a while; until he returned to his original self. Suddenly, I thought this whole idea to ask Damon what the picture was doing there was stupid. I could have ignored it. Until today I would have been unaffected by his sternness, but today his coldness towards me kind of irked me and I wonder why. Click! I heard a voice from my hip. I jumped a bit but I realized what it was and dug into my pocket for my phone. I took out the sleek, black Iphone 4S from my pocket and clicked the new message. ‘Get your ass here now! We’re waiting for you… -Caroline’. I smiled and replied, ‘Yeah sure, on my way there…see you in fifteen.’ I put on my coat and walked out of the door. To tell you the truth, I was rather happy we were having a slumber party. Like I already told you, I wasn’t up for any serious scene with Damon after what had happened yesterday. He seemed annoyed to me. But what was there in that picture that annoyed him so much? Anyway, I made my way to Elena’s house. As far as I knew, we were to meet at Elena’s. But these girls I tell you, they always make last minute decisions. Anyhow, I walked along the lane beside the forest. I felt cold. I put my hands in my pocket to give me shelter from that annoying breeze. Well, I did have my coat on me; but that didn’t seem to be enough. “Brr…” I shivered slowly taking out my hands and adjusting my fur coat. I put my hands back into my pocket and continued walking. I thought I heard some voice behind me. I turned around and saw nothing. Only my imagination, I thought, and continued walking. I tugged at my coat to make me feel comfortable. Again I heard a sound behind me. I turned around, hoping to see someone. But I was mistaken, there was no one around. I was a little freaked out now. Who could be there? Suddenly I heard another sound, this was one was way close to me as if it was coming from within me. I jumped then again relaxed a little since I realized that it was my phone. I ignored it; not wanting to have to take it out and check it. I just continued walking. I reached Elena’s house and knocked at the door. Jeremy opened it.

“Hey!” he smiled at me.

“Hi! Is Elena home?” I asked, half hoping she was home.

“No, she’s at Caroline’s. Didn’t she tell you?” he said.

I frowned, “Nope. The last time I talked to her, she’d told me to come to her place. Anyway, I guess I should be hurrying now. Ugh! Now I’ll have to walk all the way to her place.”

“I’ll drop you!” he offered.

“No Jer, its okay…” I started but he cut me off. After a while, I was sitting in the black Mercedes Jeremy owned. I was hoping to buy one too. It’s a beauty but now that my house is burned, I will have to forget about fulfilling my dreams for a while and concentrate more on renting a new house. Ugh! Life can be so harsh sometimes. 

                                                                                   - - - - 

And BTW, the picture on the side is the picture Kristen sees!