Part 17:

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to Kayla cause she's awesome just like that! And you should check out her stories! I love them!<3 Now, READ! :P

The story:

“That’s totally unbelievable!” Jeremy complained sitting down beside me. I frowned, “Tell me about it! But I got a plan, Jer,” I smirked at him before glancing at Alaric and continuing, “To annoy Ric. I’m sure he’ll regret giving detention to us once we are done with it…” Jeremy smiled evilly and nodded. I took out my phone and wrote a message to Alaric.

‘YOU officially SUCK!’

Alaric’s cell vibrated. He glanced at it before smirking at me and continued teaching, completely ignoring my message. “Asshole.” I grumbled rather too loudly. All of the girls and boys turned to stare at me. Jeremy chuckled beside me. I nudged him.

“Ms. Rogers,” Alaric called out, “You seem to be a little too preoccupied today. I think I’ll ask the principal to extend our detention for a week.”

“Oh, why not Mr. Saltzman…? I’m sure we’ll have fun. You and I.” I said sarcastically.

“Sure. I’ll make sure to notify the Principal about that as soon as class finishes. I’m sure you’ll get your chit by lunch.” He smiled, amusement filling his face. I groaned and this earned a smirk from him.

Cocky bastard! Why did I ever tell that I liked Alaric? He found amusement in troubling me. I hate him!

“So, class, let’s get back to the topic shall we? Now where was I? Ms. Rogers seems to be interrupting a lot.” He said turning his head to the board. I clenched my fists and cursed under my breath.

Next class was much better than the last one. Elena and I had fun. I told her about the previous class and she laughed. I just ignored her and this continued till the end of the day. Unluckily, today I had all the classes with one or more familiar faces and Jeremy and Elena, being the annoying Gilberts that they were, had managed to leak out about my detention. And, I also got my detention paper. The principal had agreed that I should get detention for a week. Alaric had convinced her into doing it. I mean, if it was another person, she wouldn’t have believed them. She knew very well that I was a very good student. So, probably Alaric had spilled his guts about the mischief I do in his class and also being the good convincer that he is, he must have gotten his way. Honestly, I wanted to escape somewhere but I couldn’t. It would only land me in more trouble. After school, I lazily made my way to Ric’s classroom; dragging my feet as I went. Everyone had left, except me and Jeremy. And not to forget, the most annoying person in the whole of the world- Alaric Saltzman! When we entered the room, we saw him covered with papers, obviously marking them. I made my way to one of the desk and nosily sat down.

“Oh, you are here.” Alaric smiled, finally looking up to see us. Jeremy smiled back at him. He told me he hadn’t gotten a week’s detention and for that he was thankful to Ric here.

“Yeah…” Jeremy said, adjusting himself. I sighed, drawing circles on the bench with my fingers.

“So what do we have to do?” I asked, not looking up.

Alaric sighed, “I have a few papers to grade. Why don’t you join me?” I looked up immediately and smirked. He seemed to notice that because the next thing he said was, “And don’t worry. These are the senior class’ papers. I have written all the answers on one sheet. It wouldn’t be difficult to differentiate right from wrong then. And who knows you might learn a thing or two. And –” he started but I cut him off, “Don’t use pen? Yeah we got that covered.” He smiled and gave us a handful of papers. I took them and all thoughts to prank on Ric just vanished away. Soon, I got busy with the papers. After an hour, Alaric got up and took the papers from us. I had done my papers but Jeremy was still lagging behind so I helped him. Alaric locked his classroom and we walked out together.