Part 3:

Third POV:

Stefan looked at Damon anxious, “You are not going to do anything silly, okay?” “Silly? That’s just too rude of you…I may do anything but silly things. You know, little brother, you have a pretty bad opinion about me.” Damon raised his eyebrows. “Look let’s not behave like we know nothing about the things that are happening.” Stefan said seriously. “The things that are happening? Well there is nothing more happening than you going eccentric on me.” Damon joked lightly placing his hand on the shelf that was placed beside him. “Damon, this is no time to joke. We need to talk seriously on what’s gonna happen in this house after me and Elena are gone.” Stefan looked at his brother trying to make a point even though he knew it was useless. But he wasn’t sure about Kristen. How she would feel when she found out their old secret. When she found out that Damon wasn’t what he pretended to be. That he was something entirely different. He had enough with Elena but he couldn’t stand the same with Kristen. She was like his sister. And if that meant that he had to stop his brother then he was ready to do it. He also thought that Damon wouldn’t manage if she left him. He had to think of a brother and sister here and if that meant keeping them away from each other, then he would do it. He suddenly thought that his whole plan to keep Kristen here was useless. It would only bring them close but this was the place he felt most safe. So if a small warning to Damon would do then he was up for it. “What will happen if you’re gone? Nothing…” Damon said out of the blue, cutting Stefan’s train of thoughts. It was evident he hadn’t heard Stefan’s thought. Well, Stefan had hidden his thoughts from his brother. He didn’t want him to read him like an open book. Not when he was thinking about his own future. “Can we not go in the silent mood today? I’m too tired and sick of it. You thinking about something and keeping me away from your thoughts?” Damon complained tired by his brother’s silence. “Uh…yeah? Let’s get back to the topic…you know what’s gonna happen when me and Elena are out of here.” Stefan said looking at his brother earnestly. “What do you mean? Let’s just get to point shall we?” Damon said even though he knew what Stefan wanted to say. “Damon, she’s just a girl. I mean how are you gonna be with her even when you know the truth about yourself? Do you think she’ll be able to manage it?” Stefan asked. “Oh come on! There is nothing like that…I don’t like Kristen. She is just a normal girl for me. A normal girl who hangs out with little-miss-too-goody-shoes and Vampire Barbie.” Damon winked at Stefan and turned around. Well, she wasn’t really a normal girl for him. She was something different. “Little-miss-too-goody-shoes? Who’s that?” Stefan asked puzzled. “You dunno? Your girlfriend…” Damon said stressing on the word girlfriend. Yes, he was still a little upset about her. She had chosen Stefan over him but that was okay. Now, he didn’t really feel anything about Elena. To him, she was just a friend, a friend who was his brother’s girlfriend. He had come to good terms with her but that didn’t stop him from being awkward with her. “Whatever! Let’s just get back to the point. Whatever you’re doing, don’t include Kristen in it. She isn’t up for it, okay? Let’s just pretend we didn’t have this conversation and let’s head back now. But please, promise me that you won’t do anything, okay?” Stefan looked at his brother for some reply. “Yeah okay whatever!” Damon said slowly walking away from there. He may have ignored the talk but somewhere deep down in his ‘so-called’ heart, he felt Stefan was right, for once. He didn’t really want Kristen to hate him like Elena once hated him. He would be broken. He would be shattered. He couldn’t handle it. But deep, deep in his same heart, he also knew that the decision he was taking now was too difficult for him. And he wasn’t sure if he would be able to carry it out successfully. Not really. He felt that this decision would completely ruin him. But if that meant he could keep Kris out of trouble then he was game for it. He wasn’t even sure if she liked him. Just that comment she had passed in her mind not knowing that he could hear her thoughts. She thought he was hot. He smiled for a second thinking about her then he heard footsteps beside him as Stefan placed a hand on him and shook his head disapproving of the idea. Well, damn, he had a small brother who was so bossy! He slowly walked out of there and went over to the hall. He took out a large glass and poured himself some wine. He wasn’t sure if wine was what he needed now. He wanted something else. Blood? Aw…no! He had a ‘so-called’ little brother who was so commanding over him. He sometimes had no right to be called the elder brother when Stefan was around. Stefan had ordered him to drink only animal blood. He called them vegetarians. Yes, everyone was vegetarian there. There was Stefan, Caroline and now him, due to his ‘dear’ brother. But he sometimes took the pleasure of drinking human blood. And not just from his ‘blood-bank’ also fresh human blood by going on a killing spree. He lifted his head to the side as he saw Stefan and Elena leaving. Stefan looked at him once more then turned back to Elena and walked away.