Part 8(Damon's POV):

I heard a small click as Stefan entered inside. I looked at him and complained, “5 minutes late from the allotted time.”

“I had stopped by in the forest. I could pick up some peculiar scent.” He said defensively.

“That’s what I wanted to talk about. Recently there has been a lot of killing in this town.” I said as I saw Stefan raising his eyebrow. I handed him the paper. He continued to look at me. “And don’t worry I’m not the one.” I continued. Stefan looked confused.

“That means there is someone else. Someone who is desperate for blood.” I explained. He looked terrified.

“What do you mean? How can there be another vampire? Did you ask Caroline?” he asked.

“Yep…already did that. She says no. She herself was confused.” I said with sudden pride. There was someone else who drank human blood apart from me but that wasn’t a good thing. It totally disturbed the town’s peace. And if it was Katherine then well, we’d better move out. Katherine meant plain danger to our friends here. I couldn’t risk that. We had to do something. We had to find out if this was Katherine or not.

“If it was her then she would have at least made a smooth move. She wouldn’t put her kills on display.” Stefan said. It was evident he had read my thoughts and was concerned as much as me.

“What if she wants to warn us?” I guessed.

“If she would want to warn us then she would do it the way she did it with Caroline. It would be stupid to only kill and think of warning us. She has a style in everything. If she wants our attention then she would do something which got only our attention instead of getting the whole town’s attention. It couldn’t be Katherine.” He said taking a step forward.

“If it isn’t Katherine then who is it?” I asked.

“I dunno…you look at me as if I know everything.” He complained.

I laughed, “You do…” He frowned and raised his eyebrow again. “Okay fine…I’ll be quite but what about this mysterious killer of ours? We can’t have him or her killing anymore people then they already did.” I stressed at the word her. It would be interesting to have a female vampire on your radar. Stefan frowned again.

“You go check out the woods, Damon. I will go and check with Sheriff Forbes. ” He said.

“Yeah okay…let’s do that.” I said turning around to leave but then turned back and said, “Oh and by the way, check with Alaric too. He might know a thing or too. After all, he’s Mystic Fall’s vampire Hunter.” I heard Stefan mutter a yes as he took of on his vampire speed. I lifted my glass of vodka and gulped down the rest of it and took off too. I reached into the woods. I sniffed around. I could pick up some scent but that was not how vampires smelled. I heard some voices behind me. A car had stopped in the middle of the road. I scanned through it. I let go of the small twig I was holding as I looked at the four girls standing on the road. 

                                                                                         ---

What do you think? Who were the four girls? Who is the stranger who is killing people? Share your views!