Chapter 5

~a year later  ~
Neal's patient was a young boy who thought it was funny to insert fire works into her rectum and light them but it was all fun and games until he ended up here with his feet in stirrups.
" so who's good idea was it to do this?" The young boy shrugged his shoulders he clearly was away with the fairies.
" I need to examine the wound, okay it may hurt a little bit" The boy nodded and Neal grabbed the wheelie stool and sat down and started examining the affected area.
" Neal have you..." Jesse asked swinging back the curtain only to stop.
"Close the curtain..." Neal snapped.
" fire works let me guess it was for the....crack" Jesse smirked.
" very funny Jesse how can I help you?" Neal asked not bothering to look over at Jesse.
" I was wondering if you have the ultra sound machine"
" well I hope you get to the...Bottom of it..." Neal smirked joining in the jokes and Jesse chuckled
" actually Jesse....I know this isn't the best time but it's our one year anniversary today and I was wondering if Leanne would like it if I took her out for a meal? What do you think as your her best friend"
" I know she would love it, any time she gets to spend with you she will be happy, she's a lucky lady" Jesse said smiling.
" thanks Jesse, I am a very lucky man" Jesse nodded" that you are young man that you are" Neal smiled at Jesse before getting back to his patients examination.
Later on that afternoon Neal headed to the staff room to have a much needed break, he walked in the staff room closing the door behind to see he was alone in the staff room so he, dialled the local florist and asked for them to deliver a dozen red roses to,the hospital with an anonymous card for Leanne telling her to be ready at a certain time and that he was going to take her out.
Once he hung up he made a coffee which he had to takeaway with him as he was paged and so, he rushed towards the emergency entrance where he saw Leanne and Jesse waiting already gowned.
" what have we got?" Neal asked taking a sip of his coffee.
" we have a major RTC coming our way, a father and daughter " Jesse said
" ugh is that coffee?" Leanne asked practically drooling at his coffee.
" yeah it is my love" Neal held out his cup for Leanne to take, which she did and took a large sip " Ahhh your the best" Leanne smiled at Neal but, she really wanted to kiss him and did everything in her power to stop herself diving into his arms and kissing him.
It was now end of Leanne's shift when Jesse came into the locker room holding a large bunch of the most beautiful red roses she had ever seen.
" someone's got an admirer" Leanne said smirking.
" I wish they are, they are for you " Leanne's smirk was wiped off her face.
Leanne opened the card which read :

Leanne,
You take my breath away...today and every day
You know....They say you only fall in love once, but that can't be true... Every time I look at you, I fall in love all over again.
Be ready by 8pm tonight heels at the ready my love!
~ N ~
Leanne smiled as she re-read the message, she looked at the watch on her wrist which read 6:15pm.
" I better get going" Leanne rushed around.

Once home Leanne walked into her apartment dumping her handbag on the couch and headed over to her bedroom and over to her wardrobe, and started rifling through her options for her date with Neal.

"No, that's too much... No, that's not dressy enough," Leanne, said taking a couple of dresses out only to put them back.

She was about to give up when she saw the Black lacey dress that would hug her in all the right places and show of her curves nicely, she thought taking it out and held it up to her body and looked in the mirror.

"That's the one," Leanne said happy with her choice.

"Now, only to find the right shoes" She said closing the wardrobe and hanging the dress up in front and walked over to her shoe closet.

"No, way" She said chucking a pair of shoes across the room.

"Too low, not high enough... definitely not" Leanne sighed seeing that she had only one option left.

"Perfect" she said taking her favourite black Laboutin 6 inch heels out of the shoe closet.

"Oh How I have missed you" Leanne said holding the shoes close to her.

Now, that Leanne was confident with her choices so she took a long and much needed soak in the bath. Sighing contently as she let the warm water wash over her she shut her eyes and let the stress from earlier on today  slowly drifted away.

She was soon out of the bath feeling relaxed and excited for her one year anniversary date with Neal , which was just over an hour's time.

Leanne sat on her bed in her dressing gown with her wet hair in a towel, which she was going to dry and style in the minutes but she remembered she had some things she had to sort out.

Leanne looked at the clock seeing that it was time for her to get ready so she put on her red dress that fitted her perfectly and dried her hair and styled her luscious dark brown locks in to lose curls and applied her make-up. Once Leanne was happy with her appearance, she put on her high heels, looked into the mirror, and checked to make sure that she looked perfect before she left her room.

Meanwhile Neal pulled up into the apartment parking lot , knocked on the door, and waited for it to be opened. Neal fiddled with his tie making sure that it was straight.

"The doors open come in" Leanne called from her room, Neal opened the door in his smart suite instead of T-shirt and jeans.

He walked round the lounge picking up photos glancing at Leanne with friends and family before putting them back down when he heard her clear her throat.

Neal turned round " Wow" Neal said looking Leanne up and down as she carefully walked towards him.

"Leanne you... look....you look.....beautiful," Neal said never taking his eyes away from Leanne hardly believing she was his girl,and no one else's.

"you look very handsome" Leanne said looking at Neal in a rather smart suit as she stepped closer.

"Shall we?" Neal held out his arm for Leanne to take as they left the apartment.