Chapter 6

Neal and Leanne  walked towards Neal's  car, which was a silver Mercedes sports car . Neal reached out and took Leanne's  hand in his as they walked towards the car but soon had to let go when Neal reached into his pocket for the car keys and opened the door. He held open the door for Leanne who climbed in and thanked Him.

Neal got into the driver 's seat, placed the key into the ignition, started the car, buckled his seat belt, put the gear stick into drive, looked in his mirrors and left Leanne's apartment, and drove to the restaurant.

The drive there was rather quiet and Neal took those quiet moments to glance at Leanne who was looking out through the window and was oblivious that He was looking at her. He reached out and took Her hand in his and rested them by the hand break and Leanne turned from looking out the window and smiled at Neal and held on to His hand and Neal gave Leanne one of his dazzling smiles.

Neal pulled the car to a stop when he parked , He let go of Her hand and undid his seat belt and got out of the car and walked round to Leanne's side of the car and opened the door for her and he even extended his had to help her out of the car.

"I hope you like Italian?" Neal said nervously locking his car and took Leanne's hand in his own and they walked to the restaurant only to see a large line of people waiting outside to go in.

"I think we might be waiting a while," Leanne said seeing the large line.

Neal smirked hoping reserving a table would score him points with Leanne.

"Hey, I have a table for 2 for tonight under Neal " Neal asked greeting the door man warmly only realizing it was his good friend Sam.

"Sam, how the hell are you?" Neal said shaking his good friends hand.

"Scott haven't seen you in a while, good to see you, the usual Table for 1?" Neal shook his head "I have someone special with me tonight, table for 2 " Sam looked over at Leanne and smiled " Of course come this way" Sam said gesturing for them to follow which they did and they were now inside and being led to a nice table by the window looking out at the fantastic view of the town all lit up.

"Thanks Sam" Neal said placing his hand on his shoulder.

"No, problem, I will be back in a few minutes" Sam said cheerfully before he walked away.

"Wow, this place is lovely" Leanne said looking round at the rather packed restaurant.

Neal pulled out Leanne's  chair, Leanne sat down, and Neal tucked the chair back under the table as a true gentle man would.

"This place must cost a fortune, you didn't need to bring me to a place as posh as this," Leanne said placing her clutch bag on the table.

"I wouldn't take you anywhere else this is the best Italian food in Cali"

"How did you get us a table that quick, I mean people were queuing to get in here?" Leanne said glancing out the window at the group of people queuing to get in.

"I used to come here all the time after work and well I got to know Sam the owner quite well and he's a good friend," Neal said smiling.

"Well I love it thank you," Leanne said smiling at the true authentic Italian decor.

"Any drinks for you?" Sam asked walking back over to Leanne and Neal.

"Could I have a ... Vodka and Lime soda please," Leanne asked

"Of course you can and Neal?"

"I will have a beer please Sam "Neal said smiling.

They both picked up their menus and looked at all the appetizing food.