Chapter 13 : Call me a slut again.

Another painful Thursday morning. I walked towards my closet and threw on some Khaki's and a fitted white tee and my white slides. I wasn't in the get dressed mode. I tied my hair up and walked downstairs to wait for Andy to get dressed. I plopped down on the couch and answered my annoying phone without looking at Caller ID.

"What?" I said to whoever the person was.

"Um Nadia?" It was Jo's fragile voice on the other end. My body went tense and my heart clenched. I haven't talked to her since she told me about her and her bitch of a girlfriend. Just then Andy came in and sat down she must have noticed my expression because she mouthed what's wrong. Instead of answering I just put the phone on speaker.

"What you need Jo?" I tried to keep my voice steady.

"I need a favor." Well duh she did. The conversation wasn't going anywhere and i was getting a little impatient.

"What?" I snapped. I didn't mean to but damn she was moving to slow.

"Can you pick me up for school?" She asked after a long 30 seconds. Fed up with the conversation Andy got up grabbed her purse and walked out the door. I let out a defeated sigh. As much as i hate to admit it I had a soft spot for the girl.

"What about your girlfriend?" I said maybe a little to harshly.

"She said she couldn't pick me up."

"Whatever be ready in 10." I said and hung up the phone. I knew Andy wouldn't be happy but she'd have to suck it up because no matter what I loved Jo. I slid my phone in my back pocket and walked out the door locking it behind me. I slid in the car and Andy looked at me raising an eyebrow. "We're going to pick her up." I said after a while. She let out a groan and jammed her headphones in her ear. So fucking petty, getting mad over dumb shit. About 10 minutes later we arrived at Jo's beat up apartment. Instead of going up there and facing her alcoholic mother and step dad I called her and told her I was downstairs. A couple minutes later she ran outside wearing a oversized hoodie even though it was hot as hell and some baggy jeans. Even her fashion slipped. She got in the car and mumbled thank you but I didn't miss the death glare Andy sent her way. After 10 minutes of awkward and tension filled silence we finally arrived at school. Andy and Jo quickly got out the car and I ran a finger threw my hair knowing that today was going to be suckish. I got out the car and walked to my locker. By the time I got there Andy was already gone. I can't believe she's actually mad about me picking Jo up. That's some petty shit right there. Brushing off her childish behavior I closed my locker only to be shoved my the new queen of the bitches, yep you guessed it Reena.

"Nadia just the whore I was looking for." She snapped at me. I took in her looks and she completely changed. She had on a mini skirt and a light pink half shirt with white heels that were way to high. I let out a scoff hanging with the populars really changes people.

"And you were looking for me... why?" I said in a calming voice.

"Stay away from my..." She started but the head bitch Brittney came and she changed her words. "Stay away from Jo." She warned. She was embarrassed that Jo was her girlfriend.

"You mean you're girlfriend Jo?" I asked my voice completely innocent. Jo deserved way better. Reena's little minions let out a squeal and Brittney just sent eye daggers at me. Reena turned around and whispered something to them and they all left.

"Yes my girlfriend." She said stepping closer.

"Why couldn't you say that in front of your best friends?" I said my voice was calm but it was the kind of calm that sent chills down your back.

"Listen here Stay away from Jo, she doesn't need you feeding bullshit in her ear and besides she doesn't hang around skanks." She threatened and ignored my question.