19

Adeline's POV

I was right where I was before. The crown on my head, next to Gabriel, in front of he council member.

It was like time had stopped. Eventually, the ritual ended, and Gabriel was now considered King, and I was his Queen.

My eyes darted to Gabriel, as I looked at him startled with what just happened.

I knew he could hear my frantic heartbeat, and the look on my face clearly told him that something just happened. He narrowed his eyes at me. I glanced away from his heated stare.

The ceremony went by quick, and shortly after, we talked with a few guests. I wasn't allowed to say anything unless spoken to. They were Gabriel's orders. I wasn't allowed to eat anything sweet either. Gabriel didn't want another episode of me on a sugar rush.

The event ended, and everyone began to leave the throne room, which meant I had to go back to my room.

Two guards came to my side and escorted me out of the throne room.

Time to go back to my prison.

I was escorted all the way to my room where I was pushed back in and locked.

My limbs ached from kneeling for over an hour, and most of the day had already passed by. The bruises causing me constant pain weren't helping much either. I stripped out of the fancy, elegant ball gown I was wearing, and I slipped into a pure white night gown.

I slipped into the bed, tired. I let my muscles relax, and I was at the brink of sleep.

I screamed.

My body, it was burning. I pulled he covers off of me, only to realize there was no fire.

Not again.

A loud scream tore through my mouth as I gripped onto the bedsheets.

It gets worse each time.

I rolled out of the bed, heavily panting as I let out sharp shrills. I dragged my body towards the door. I had to get out of here. I couldn't bear it anymore.

I groaned in agony as a tear rolled down my cheek.

I reached the door and slammed my fist against it, screaming in pain.

"Help me, please." I yelled, through my sobs, hoping my calls didn't go unheard. My body was on fire, I needed to get out of this hot, and suffocating room.

I banged my fists harder against the door, when finally the door flew open, sending me tumbling out of it.

I struggled to take breaths, hoping escaping my room would make a difference.

"Make it stop!" I wailed as I curled myself into a ball.

"Make it stop." I sobbed again, but this time a bit softer.

The guard who opened the door watched me scream, not sure what to do. He could see the bruises appear on my body. He finally seemed to realized something and made a decision, so he turned around and frantically hurried away.

I hope he wasn't just gonna leave me to suffer.

Another wave of the pain hit me, making me scream.

Gabriel's POV

Vern moaned as I pushed into her harder. She would come over, please me, and leave. But, that wasn't really the reason I was calling Vern over. I was angry at her.