25

Adeline's POV

My eyes widened as I saw the familiar figure I knew all too well inch closer towards me.

"W-Willie?" My voice broke. (A/N: You all met Willie before. Like long ago. Chapter 3 I think?)

My brother stepped into the glimmer of moonlight, letting me clearly see his features. I felt something in my heart break as I saw my brother, whom I knew too well, standing before me.

I recalled the memories from his biweekly trips to the cottage. He visited as often as my father, and he was one of the only people I knew and trusted at that time. I recalled our playful nights as children, where we made drawings of each other with crayons. Seeing my brother, whom I would do anything to protect, conspiring with my enemy against me helped settle the deep feeling of betrayal in my chest.

Behind Willie, another familiar figure followed. His dark hair made it easy to notice that it was Damien. Yes, the Damien who had my father killed in front of my own eyes.

How could Willie do this to me?

Noticing Damien's presence, I whimpered and slowly inched away, backing into the cold, cement wall.

"Missed me darling?" Damien snarled.

Willie stood there, with his head bowed down, watching Damien inch closer towards me. With each step he took, I dug my body further into the wall.

Damien kneeled down, in front of me, grabbing hold of my chin. He studied me, tilting my neck both sides.

"You seem to have healed from the blood loss already."

Damien narrowed his eyebrows at me before barking out an order.

"Tighten the ropes."

Willie moved across the room to tighten the ropes around my wrists. He pulled on the ropes and tightened them, making it hurt more.

I watched my brother, doing things to hurt me.

Damien pulled out a knife and a bottle, and he placed them on a scrappy wooden table off to the side. The bottle had a dark purplish-brown liquid in it, and the knife gleamed in the moonlight.

He picked up the knife and leaned back onto the table causally as he studied me and played with the knife.

"So, do you know what I'm going to do to you?"

I shook my head no. My body was trembling in fear as I stared at the materials he placed on the table.

"Well, darling, we're going to get your wings to pop out now. We're also going to help a lot of people in doing so."

"D-Don't hurt me." I cried, trembling against my now tightened ropes which dug into my skin.

Damien edged closer to me, the knife still in hand.

"Willie, please help me." I repeated as I frantically struggled with the ropes.

Willie stood there, and he did nothing. He just watched Damien inch closer to me with a knife. He didn't care about me. He didn't care about his little sister.

From behind me, I felt a sharp pain shoot up in my back. I realized that Damien had brought down the gleaming knife on me. It's touch left a burning sensation of searing, hot pain. This was no ordinary knife.

I cried out in pain, gasping for air.

"Willie," I said defeatedly, "I-It hurts. Please help me." I reached out, trying to get my brother to help me.

My brother ignored my pleas, and he continued to watch Damien torture me.

Hearing me speak seemed to have only angered Damien, for he brought down the knife again on my back, mercilessly.

I screamed out, unprepared for the pain. Damien had created to slits on my back, right where an angel would have wings.

"I guess we're gonna need more than that if we want to get your wings out." He chuckled evilly, returning back to his table. He took a cotton swab, and he unscrewed the bottle with the dangerous looking liquid.

"This exactly what we used to slowly poison you, but it was diluted, he said referring to the liquid. I'm sorry we don't offer diluted anymore." He chuckled before turning around with prongs holding a cotton swab soaked in the liquid.

He strode behind me, and he pressed the cotton swab onto one of my open wounds, without warning.

I screamed.

The pain ripped through my body. It hurt, a lot. Damien pressed the cotton swab harder into my back, causing me to scream louder.

He finally released, leaving me panting with droopy eyelids.

My eyes drifted up to my brother, who remained unaffected from seeing me in this state. It hurt to see that my own brother would let this happen to me.

Damien put the prongs on the table, and picked up the knife again. He seemed to be deep in thought, most likely thinking about how to torture me next.

"William come here."

My brother made his way towards Damien, following his commands.

Damien put the knife into Willie's hands.

"Drive it through her lower abdomen." He commanded.

I could see the shock on my brothers face; his expression mirrored mine.

"Drive it through her lower abdomen!" He yelled again. "Do you not understand?"

Willie hesitantly moved in front of me.

No. No. No. I was going to die. They'll kill me.

My brother charged at me, and a high pitched scream escaped my mouth, preparing myself for the painful injury. I closed my eyes tightly.

Then, I felt it. There was a rippling feeling in my back, and it felt as though something was unraveling.

Willie's body froze, inches away from striking his target.

"Your wings." He whispered, looking behind me in awe.

From the corner of my eyes, I could see the soft white feathers of my wings. I painfully craned my neck around to look at the delicate structures sprouting from my back. They were enormous and pure white. It made me laugh wonder if they had an aura of their own. They possessed such and angelic look. My thoughts were abruptly interrupted by Damien's voice.

"Since that worked, my doubts are cleared. I had a bit of suspicion when I noticed you healing unbelievably fast. But, this proves it. It also makes you much more valuable to me. Gabriel will be much more angrier with me and desperate to get you back if he found out. You're body was simply trying to defend itself. Or, in other words, defend what is inside of you. You're pregnant." (A/N: Yes, she is. It happened in chapter 22.)

That's it for today! Thank you for all the support I've been receiving on this story! I know I left you all at a cliffhanger, but how was the reveal? Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!

What do you think about Willie?•