21

**

**

**

**

Adeline's POV
"We have a meeting with the council today. They expect you to be there. They said they want to talk to you."

That was all I was told when I woke up this morning. I was nervous. What could they want? Why do they need me there?

So, here we were, seated around a mahogany table, in the middle of a grand room. I bit my lip anxiously, hoping it wasn't anything bad.

The twelve council members were seated in front of us, and Gabriel was sitting next to me.

They were all wearing black robes, and they looked old, but intimidating at the same time.

"Adeline Zoe Victoria Ambrose, Queen of the Vampire Kingdom. But, guess what?" Said one of the council members.

"Rumors are, she is not a vampire." Another council member spoke.

"Is that true?" He asked, looking at me.

I didn't know what to say, so Gabriel spoke up.

"Yes, it's true."

"May I ask you what she is?" The same council member asked.

"Her angel is dominant, but she still has vampire blood in her blood." Gabriel spoke for me again.

"Interesting." The council member nodded his head.

"And how do you suppose the people will react if they learn that they are under the rule of a non-vampire?"

"What are you trying to get at, Atticus?" Gabriel spat.

"Well, I don't think it would be fit to have an angel as our queen."

Gabriel snarled, "And what do you suppose I do?"

"I suppose you find someone else to be your queen. You are not wed yet, so it is still allowed to switch the rule. I suggest, you find another queen and keep your mate as a mistress. She can pleasure you. Of course, none of her children can succeed to the throne. Only the queen's children."

There was no doubt the queen, or the former queen did this. Gabriel's mother did this. She didn't want me with him, and she also knew I was not a vampire. She was trying to pull us apart.

Gabriel and I weren't in the best terms right now, so it wasn't really my position to say anything against the council. I'd be glad to step down as Queen if thats what they really needed, but it really angered me that the they thought I could just stick around and be his fuck toy.

The blood in my veins boiled. I stood up abruptly.

"What makes you think that I would lay around waiting to pleasure someone! I have a dignity of my own!" I roared at the council member.

The council member's eyes flashed in fear before he moved away from me.

I turned to Gabriel with a harsh glare before walking out of the room.

He obviously was angry with the council as well, and the way he was gripping the table, proved so.

I rushed out of the formal building, and into the garden. Groaning, I slipped into the car.

Moments later, Gabriel slipped in the drivers seat and started the car.

*~~*~~*

The car slowed to a stop.

"What's happening? Where are we?" I asked confused.

Gabriel stepped out if the car and returned a second later.

"The tires are popped. We probably ran over a couple of nails." He said.

"What? How can all the tires pop at the same time?" I said questioningly.

"I don't know, but I don't think its safe. With the public knowing you are an angel, you could be in grave danger."

"We won't be able to get any help here, but we should be able to make our way back to the castle."

I opened the door to follow him.

Suddenly, we both could hear the muffled voices and footprints approaching us. It was an attack, he was right.

Gabriel grabbed my arm, warm, tingly sensations pulsing through my body as he pulled me alongside him to the safety of the trees in the woods on the side of the road. We ducked behind a tree with Gabriel's arm wrapped protectively around my waist, his touch sending the awakening sparks.

"Shh." He whispered.

I could hear the muttering of the attackers. They were confused that no one was in the car. After all, their plan was to attack the car and disappear right after.

"They're not here." One of them said.

The other one, who was nodding, was a man who seemed to be in his twenties. He was positioned elegantly with perfect posture, and his lips were sealed in a tight line. He raised and arm into the air and shifted it around, physically communicating with the man carrying a gun in front of him.

His eyes seemed to scan his surroundings once more before he raised his arm again, signaling his men to retreat. I saw the soldiers clad in black clothing retreat, so I let myself let out a breath and breathe again.

"Gabriel, who are they?"

"That, my dear, is my cousin, Black."

I'm super sick and allergies are killing me, but I have no homework, so here I am, finishing my editing break. Did you know you can get headaches that hurt so much your ears and neck starts to hurt? Well, guess what? You can! Everyone please take a moment to pray for my grades, and if you like, pray for the grades of all students out there in the world. I present to you the useless piece of no good shit called the Council. Yay, more enemies for Addie. Yay no more fighting with Gabriel. Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!

What the hell are Black's motives?•