22

Adeline's POV

We were waking through the dense amount of trees around us. The nature around me was new to me, but as much as I liked it, it wasn't fascinating. I was dying as branches scraped along my legs.

Gabriel kept on suggesting to carry me, since the only other option would giving me his pants to protect my legs. But, I wouldn't be very happy seeing my mate follow me around in nothing but a pair of boxers, so I happily declined to both options.

Out of frustration, I kicked a tree, but instead of me hurting the tree, the rough, hard bark of the tree dug into my skin, hurting me in return.

I groaned in pain. I was already very angry. I was angry at the council, I was angry at my new enemy, Black, and I was angry with the woods.

Gabriel started to laugh as I muttered out a string of curses I picked up from Eli in the castle. You see, growing up secluded in the cottage taught me nothing valuable like curse words. We have people like Eli for that.

I picked up a twig and threw it at Gabriel. I knew it didn't and couldn't harm him, but I didn't like him laughing at me.

"Stop laughing at me!"

He stared at the twig I just through and burst out into another fit of uncontrollable laughter.

I smiled, staring at him.

His pearly white teeth were revealed, and two cute dimples formed on each one of his cheeks.

His laughter seemed to make me forget the burning pain in my legs and all the things I was frustrated about.

"What are you staring at?"

His brows scrunched up in confusion.

"Nothing-" I turned around before tripping on a branch and falling on the ground.

I flinched as pain shot through my shin. Great. May I mention that I was also covered in the sticky mud that coated the ground.

Gabriel laughed.

I got off the ground and hauled myself at him, pushing him to the ground as well, covering him in mud.

Now, I'm the one laughing.

I was on top of Gabriel, so I picked up a blob of mud and threateningly held it over his face.

"It looks like poop." I said eying the blob of mud.

I let go of it, letting it drop onto his face.

I snickered. Remembering my newfound knowledge of curse words Eli taught me, I said, "Shitface."

"Where are you getting these words from?" Gabriel groaned, trying to wipe the mud off his face.

"Eli."

Gabriel growled before switching positions, so I was under him, smothering me in more mud.

"Well, someone needs some discipline." He spoke.

I laughed as I grabbed onto the mud underneath me. I threw some at his face.

"Well, that's dirty." I replied.

Gabriel peeled himself off my mud-covered body before lifting me into his arms.

"What are you-"

Everything around me blurred, cutting me short. A few seconds later, I was back inside the castle, inside Gabriel's room.

"Why didn't you do that earlier! Why do you even use a car if you can get from places in a second!" I said.

Gabriel smirked, "Go shower." He disappeared into another room to shower as well.

I did as I was told because it felt really awkward to walk around covered in mud. So, I stood in the shower watching streaks of brown mud stream off me, and once I was clean, I hopped out and dressed up in some of Gabriel's clothes. You see, I can't really run around the castle naked to go find my own clothes. So, for the time being it'll do.

Gabriel walked into the room, fresh and clean, with droplets of water still on the edges of his hair.

He sat down on the bed, without even acknowledging my presence. I just turned around to walk away. When I was a few feet away from the door, something soft hit me in the head, before landing on the ground with thump. I looked at the ground to see a pillow.

"Bitch?" I said, tilting my head towards him.

I really have to thank Eli, these words have been so useful. I can't believe Mary hid them from me.

I picked up the pillow and threw it his face, trying to knock the smirk right off of him, but I obviously missed.

Instead, I hurled myself at him since I didn't have any pillows. I crashed into Gabriel, knocking us both onto the bed.

I began thrashing around violently when two strong arms gripped me, making me stop in the middle of my attack.

"Let me go!" I squirmed trying. To reach the pillow near my head. I grabbed onto the edge and whacked it on Gabriel.

Gabriel roared before pinning me down again.

What the hell were we doing? We were having a pillow fight. Like ten year olds. We both burst into laughter.

"What even was that!" I said in our outburst.

The laughter stopped, and we were both staring at each other. I could feel the tension between us as I stared at his plump, pink lips.

We were drawn together into a deep, passionate kiss. It was calm, but filled with an equal amount of emotion towards each other.

Slowly, he moved his head towards my neck, leaving a trail of butterfly kisses.

It with every kiss, he made my heart flutter. The mate bond was going crazy. I could feel the familiar tingly feeling every time his skin touched mine. I could hear his every breath, and for a moment it felt like all the pain and troubles washed away.

He kept going lower and lower until our bare bodies collided. The only thing keeping us apart was the layer of skin.

As we finished, I felt complete. The mate bond was complete.

•This is the chapter I postponed and wanted to edit. Well, guess what?! Editing is officially over! YAY! That means I go back to normal schedule. There was a bit of childish bickering in here. I'm not sure if anyone found it annoying, but oh well. I finally feel better from my sickness!!!!
That's all. Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!

How would you like them making up?•