20

Super short chapter! Sorry!
Adeline's POV

I stood there in shock, unsure of what to do. Gabriel's warm yet strong arms held me close to his body.

"I'm sorry I've put you in so much pain." His low voice whispered out.

I stood there speechless. I didn't know what to do. It was certainly rare for Gabriel to apologize, and the look on his face clearly showed it was hard for him to apologize.

A part of me didn't want to forgive him because of all the pain and torture he put me through, and a part of me wanted to forgive him.

"For what?" My voice came out soft.

"For all the pain I put you through. I'm sorry." He was crying. Or at least I think he is.

He actually felt bad for the torture he put me through. The look of regret washed over his face, proving to me that he sincerely regrets everything he's done against me. All the pain and all the torture he put me through. We were both acting foolish.

I stood there frozen against his warm body, debating my next move. Instinctually, wanting to comfort him, I leaned in and kissed him. As much as I wanted to hate him, I couldn't. But, everything he has done, won't be forgotten.  He put me through endless nights of torture and pain. Even if it was around a week, it felt like a month of constant pain.

I pushed him away abruptly, "I'm sorry too. I can't do this."

He undid his arms around my waist and stepped away.

He looked hurt, broken and defeated.

"Everytime I see you, I think about all the pain you've put me through. Your face, it's a constant reminder of everything you've done."

I left him in the bathroom, and went to the closet to get dressed. As much as I wanted to forget him, a part of me was reminded of the pain he put me through. The nights of bruises painting themselves all over my body. The nights of screaming in agony. The nights I spent locked up, imprisoned. I was never free.

It's been this way my whole life. I've been locked in a cottage for eighteen years, and now I was locked in a room.

I slipped on a simple, comfortable dress before rushing out into the room.

Gabriel was waiting for me in the room, with a tray of food.

"You're free to move about the palace grounds." He said.

I nodded my head, turning away from him. I'll be sure to go outside later today.

He handed me the tray.

"You need to eat."

I shook my head no.

"Your face is ruining my appetite." I glared at him.

I eyed the waffles.

"But, I'm hungry so, pass me the plate."

Gabriel passed me the plate.

"I deserved that." He said.

There was a thick and awkward silence between us, and I could feel the tension building up. He was watching me eat intently, and I shifted in my seat, growing a bit uncomfortable.

He was trying. I could tell he was trying to fix up the mistakes he made. But you can only fix so much.

Well, they're starting to make up again. It won't be easy for Gabriel. Also, I promise to update soon because of the short chapter! Thank you guys for reading! Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!

What's the council got to say?•