30

Lets start where we left off...

Adeline's POV

My baby.

The small, little child growing inside of me. I realized I already had an immense amount of love for the baby growing inside of me. I can't and won't let it die. I won't let them harm me. This was the fact I was struggling to realize up to now.

"Keep moving." Lady Prior said, dragging me along under the cover of the plants.

I saw some guards move in with guns, shooting at the intruders. The guards hit both of the intruders in their shoulders, bringing them down.

They were still alive since they were vampires and it was just a blow to the shoulder. The guards hauled the shooters off the green grass in the garden, pushing them in the direction of the castle. They were going to be transported to cells and treated for their bullet wounds before being questioned.

Guards began to approach us to make sure we were alright. Lady Prior's hand was on my shoulder as she tried to comfort me and make sure I was okay.

My arms were wrapped around my stomach protectively as my head swirled around. I felt dizzy and my skin grew cold. Lady Prior noticed my breath coming out in small pants, and she realized that something was wrong.

"Get assistance immediately. We need to transport her to the medical ward." She commanded to the guards.

*~~*~~*

Just like Lady Prior had requested, I was transported to the medical ward.

Lady Prior explained to the medical staff in the palace about the attack that just happened, how I was pregnant, and she didn't forget to leave out the fact that I was not feeling so well.

As I sat there, feeling very light-headed and very panicked, my body grew its craving for blood to wipe the stress away.

"Blood." I muttered out.

The medical staff looked at me skeptically.

"I need blood." I said a bit more sternly, growing frustrated.

Immediately, I was served blood in a tall, steel glass. I'm pretty sure you wonder how I am able to drink the liquid that I usually find so vile. It's probably because, it tastes like eating your favorite food after a year, and my body constantly craves it. So, I just ignore the fact that I'm drinking blood, and move on with my life.

I downed the glass handed to me in a matter of seconds. I handed the glass back to the medical staff before recieving another glass.

The blood had immediately helped ease my nerves, and my dizziness was practically gone. i could think more clearly as well, but I was still in a very panicked state of mind.

A couple minutes later, the actual doctor arrived. But, you see, I have some trust issues with doctors. Last time, I ended up being drugged, and I most certainly didn't want a repeat of that.

As the doctor approached me, I scooted away from him.

"Don't come any closer." I warned the doctor, sticking my hand out to signal him to stop where he was.

"Adeline," Lady Prior said. She stepped closer to me.

"You have nothing to fear, you can trust Dr. Desmond. He's just here to check up on you and your child. Gabriel is on his way, darling. He's out of town, so it will take him time to get here. I know it's not the same, but I'm here for you in the meantime. " She said, referring to the doctor.

I glanced from her to the doctor before hesitantly removing my hand from in front of me.

The doctor came closer, but I watched his every move carefully. I wasn't going to let him harm my child and I. I analyzed the doctor. He looked quite young, had blond hair and bright blue eyes. he was wearing the typical doctor atire, and he looked qualified.

In order to comfort me, the doctor began to voice out everything he was doing.

"I need to check to make sure your child is okay after the shooting. I've heard that you weren't feeling to well after, so I need to run an ultrasound, okay?"

I nodded my head.

The doctor walked me through, step by step so that I felt comfortable with him.

Soon, I was staring at an ultrasound screen, looking at the extremely small baby on the screen.

My baby.

I turned to look at the doctor, expectantly.

He sighed, "I have some good news, and some bad news."

•Hey guys! Well, I decided it would be the most suspenseful if I left you off at a cliffhanger, so I decided to cut this chapter short. I know, I'm not really sorry because I already know what's going to happen since I'm the author. Well, which one of Addie's enemies was it this time? We already have Damien, then we have Black, and finally the people/the council. Tbh everyone hates her even though she is actually really sweet. I want to see Eli again! I miss him so much! So expect some of that soon! I hate school. I should go to bed. Kay bye. Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!

What is the doctor's news?•