34

Adeline's POV

The mob was silent, staring at my shaking body in anticipation of what I was going to do next.

One angry looking guy stepped closer to me on the horse. He looked quite murderous.

"What are you going to do? Kill me?" I yelled, angrily, directing my glare at him.

"Cause that's totally going to solve all your problems." I cried sarcastically, waving my hands in the air.

I glared at the mob. I did nothing wrong towards them or any of the people, yet they wanted to hurt me. Even worse, they wanted to kill me. They claim that being an angel is a crime.

"I got attacked a day ago, and now, I have to face you guys! Will you just give me a break! It has been a long, hard week, and I don't think I can handle anymore because all I want to do is sleep."

Finding out that one of your children are going to die and then learning that there is nothing I could do about it was not the best thing to hear after an attack on me or before a mob raged outside the castle walls.

Suddenly, I felt extremely queasy. I gripped onto the reins on the horse tightly in order to release my unease in some way, shape, or form. My stomach lurched as I leaned over the side of the horse, in pain. Ew. Not here. The don't know that I'm pregnant yet, and if they think that I'm sick it will give them another reason to kill me. I looked towards Gabriel with a troubled expression on my face. He seemed to realize that I wasn't feeling too well at the moment, so he got off his horse and walked over to me. He gently wrapped his arms around my waist and hoisted me off the horse.

With his arms around my waist, he put me down an inch in front of him.

Taking advantage of our close proximity, he whispered in my ear, "Are you okay?"

"I'm going to throw up, Gabriel, and they are going to figure out."

"Don't worry about it. Hopefully if they see you're pregnant it
will evoke some sympathy in these damn bastards." Gabriel said lowly so only I could hear him.

The people probably thought I was crazy by getting of the horse and quietly talking to Gabriel in the middle of my speech.

Feeling another wave of nausea, I pushed away from Gabriel's body, dropping onto the ground, and began heaving out the contents of my stomach.

The people watched me curiously. I stood back up, walking away from the spot I just emptied my stomach out in.

"Did you know that she is pregnant? Would you like to murder your pregnant Queen?" Gabriel seethed. The mob seemed to freeze now. They were all listening to me. No one but the castle staff knew I was pregnant, so the crowd was staring at me with wide eyes as they began to lower their weapons.

"What have I done to deserve all this hate? The fact that I am an angel, who is ruling over you, doesn't mean I will be a bad ruler. I am a fair queen sworn under the oath. I promised to rule this land equally for as long as I shall reign. I see you as my own people, but you see me as an outsider trying take over the throne."

I was honestly tired of everyone thinking I'm the enemy when we have even worse and bigger enemies out there.

"I repeat, I took an oath to be a fair queen, and I will never break that oath. I've been surrounded and raised by vampires my whole life, so there is not reason for me to treat you unequally or with distaste. All I need is your trust. Please, trust me." I looked down to the mob.

Gabriel was seated beside me, on his horse. His eyes were trained on my surroundings to make sure no one made any rash moves that would end up in harming me or the babies. I knew he would be there for me. He promised.

"I'm confident that I will be a fair Queen. I've never broken the oath and I never will! I just need your trust."

I looked at the crowd expectantly, waiting for a response.

Finally, someone blurted out, "Prove it!"

The crowd hummed in agreement.

"Cut off your wings!" The same voice said.

•I'm so sorry I took forever to update. I went to vacation for a week and I also spent time going over my story and editing a few things. I've also been very busy because I have a summer volunteering job and lots of summer homework. I'm also sorry that I yet again left you at a cliffhanger in an unbelievably short chapter. Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!

Do you think Addie will cut off her wings?•