Epilogue

Adeline's POV
Emberlee giggled, her whimsical voice sounding like music to my ears.

We were in the castle gardens, enjoying the warm, sunny day.

"Mommy!" Jasper exclaimed exasperated, "Emberlee cheated in our race!"

"I didn't, Mommy! I swear!" Emberlee said her eyes wide, feigning shock at the accusation her twin brother made against her.

"Yes she did! She used her wings!" Jasper accused, pointing a finger at her.

"Emberlee," I said, giving her a look, "did you use your wings?"

She put her arms up and shrugged, "I dunno," she said innocently.

Jasper and Emberlee were both hybrids—part vampire and part angel. They both possessed power that had a vast number of opportunities to expand, and everyday we were learning something new about them. They had the speed, agility, and thirst of a vampire, yet they still possessed wings, powers, and the playful innocence of an angel.

It was clear to me Emberlee used her powers.

"Emberlee be nice to your brother."

She nodded before they both went off into the garden to race again.

I was sitting at a sweet, outdoor table, watching my little angels playing in the castle's beautiful gardens.

The sudden footsteps behind me caused me to jolt in my seat, but I relaxed when I felt Gabriel's arms wrap around me.

"Well, hello, my highness. Oh! What is this?" I exclaimed.

Gabriel handed me a white rose.

"Remember the day we met?" His deep voice rung out.

I nodded, "It was in the garden, at the castle. I was wandering around, chasing a bunny."

He laughed, "Do you remember what you were looking at? You were looking at a million red roses, and the beauty of the one white rose pulled you in."

He pointed to the white rose in my hands, "I want you to know that you, my love, are my white rose. Your beauty, however dangerous it is, captivates me."

And what do you expect? I kissed him.

Short and simple, but sweet. Thats the end! Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!