39

RECAP HAS BEEN UPLOADED>>>IT IS THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER

Adeline's POV

The liquid in the vial, although it looked like blood, tasted horrid. Its putrid flavor made me want to throw up. It left a lasting sting as it trailed down my throat.

Watching the blood that had pooled around my feet did nothing to ease my nerves. I couldn't really move. For some reason I was really tired.

I curled my arms around my belly. Tears made their way out of my eyes. I could only think of the fact that I may be losing one of the twins. It's what the doctor had predicted. The blood. I couldn't tell if it had stopped or not; there was too much.

I could only hope now. Hope that what Vern said was true. There wasn't much I could do.

Picking up the bloodied fabric and moving into the corner of the dark room, I shivered as the cool wall touched my back.

I became really exhausted and dizzy. I don't know if it was the blood Vern made me drink or if it was my panic doing this to me.

Wrapping my arms around my belly, I screamed, convulsing in pain. Something was happening, and it began to really hurt.

Gripping onto the fabric of my dress, I screamed again in pain.

Bright light flooded the room, and I could see clearly again. Eli walked in. I cowered in fear. Was he going to hurt me? I was already in so much pain, I don't think I can handle any more.

"Please," I sobbed, "Just leave me alone. I'll give you what you want just don't hurt me or my children." I begged, breathing heavily while trying to control the pain.

"Addie, relax. I won't hurt you." Eli whispered, looking back at the door cautiously.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

Eli knelt down to my level and hugged me.

"You'll be okay. Just follow me." He said holding out his hand for me.

"Eli, what is going on? I'm so confused." I asked him, still holding onto the bloody, wet fabric.

"Just trust me for now."

I wasn't sure what to believe. Moments before, he watched me as Damien beat me up. But now, he's trying to help me escape. I didn't know what to believe. Realizing that my situation can't get any worse than it already is, I took Eli's hand. Eli helped me up so that I was standing. He pulled out a coat and shrugged it onto my shoulders.

Suddenly, I found myself gripping onto Eli's arms.

An unbearable pain began to pulsate through my pelvic area. The doctor warned me about this.

"Eli, I can't." I said, trying to hold in a scream.

Eli scooped me up from under carrying me in his arms.

"Let's get you as far away from here as possible." Eli whispered, opening the door to the cell and stepping out.

Eli eventually led us out into the cold, frosty air. It was snowing, and the weather was harsh.

The soft string of curses that left his mouth proved that the blood dripping from me didn't go unnoticed by him.

Eli took a path through the woods, going as fast as he could. He eventually stopped at a cottage. I instantly recognized where I was. I was at the Oracle's cottage.

Eli walked onto the porch and the door opened before he even got near it. The Oracle lady opened the door and right beside her was Vern and Gabriel's mother, Lady Prior.

Vern sighed in relief at the sight of me. Then she looked to see the bottom of my dress drenched in blood, and her eyes widened in terror. She knew what the blood meant. I was about to lose a twin.

"Please tell me you took the vial." She begged.

"I-I took it." I gasped out.

"Good, we still might have time," Vern said, visibly relaxing, "Put her on the bed in that room." She said to Eli while pointing to a room.

Carefully laying me down on the bed, Eli stepped aside. Vern put a hand on top of my belly.

Immediately, Vern got to work. From her hand, a green light began to glow as she began to chant what sounded like a spell, "Vita in aliam vitam transfert."

I screamed as another jolt of pain wracked my body. Gabriel's mother, the Old Queen, cupped my forehead gently. Tears were streaming down her face.

"Vita in aliam vitam transfert." Vern repeated her chant.

Another terrible wave of pain pulsed through my body.

"What is happening!" I screamed in panic.

She pressed a warm, motherly kiss to my forehead before saying, "You'll be alright."

Lady Prior's face paled. All the blood rushed out of her cheeks as she slowly removed her hand from my face.

"No! What's happening?" I screamed through the pain.

Her eyes fluttered shut before she fell to the ground beside me.

The pain lessened.

"Done." Vern stopped chanting.

•Long time no see everyone. I just finished midterms today so I had a lot of time on my hand and finally got to work on my story. I'm so sorry it's been months and you probably all forgot what this book is about. I've made a couple of edits, especially in chapter 32 and 33. I gave you guys a recap if you forgot, but I prefer if you guys just re read the book. Or at least from chapter 32.

You probably all were like, about damn time.

I just want you to know, that I will never abandon this book or you guys. I promise to finish it, so just because I don't update for a while, don't think I gave up. I just have a lot on my plate.

I tried to make a bath bomb today. I didn't have any of the ingredients, so I substituted all of them. I also put 20 drops of blue food coloring because it wasn't the color I wanted it to. I realize now that it was a bad idea. It's probably gonna stain my tub and my skin blue lmao.

Where are you all from? I'm from Maryland in the US.

Okay, back to the story...

Does anyone have a clue about what the hell is going on?

Don't forget to VOTE AND COMMENT!"•