27

Adeline's POV

Sometimes, you just don't know the right thing to say. So, here I am; sitting in front of him in his office.

He looked at me with an arched eyebrow expecting answers. He knew that I knew something he didn't. Obviously, after what happened, I was bound to tell him at least something.

Gabriel folded his arms across his chest, emphasizing his biceps.

The question was simple.

"Do you know something that I should probably know?"

My body had stiffened as I stared at him blankly.

"Addie." He said, pulling me out of my trance.

"Do you know something?" He asked leaning forward onto his desk.

I sighed and nodded my head yes.

"You can tell me."

So I told him. I told him about the Oracle, and the words she muttered about a prophecy. I told him about how the prophecy was coming true, step by step. I told him about the necklace I found in the teddy bear my father left me. I told him about how my brother betrayed me, but there was one thing I was avoiding the whole time. Keeping quiet to myself. Why should I trust Damien's words anyways. He was probably just lying.

But, I have to tell him. He deserves to know if it's true, right?

I nervously shifted around in my chair as I averted my gaze from him.

"That's all?" He questioned.

"Yes." I lied. I just awkwardly sat there nodding my head. Psssh. I'm not lying...

He nodded before shifting his chair to face his desk, as if he were processing things.

"I think I may know a friend who can help you, but you're not going to like it. She may know a lot, she's a really old witch."

I nodded my head.

*~~*~~*

"No way."

Guess who I was going to be meeting with in less than five minutes. The really old witch is Vern the hoe. She can stop enchanting Gabriel with her spells and back off. No way I was going to talk with her. But, I had no choice. Gabriel is making me talk to my enemy.

I was sitting in a sitting room, with a dark, brown coffee table and comfy chairs, with my arms folded across my chest in anger.

"I hate you." I muttered at Gabriel.

"Addie it's fine she won't bite."

I scowled and turned my face away from Gabriel.

The door clicked open, and I could hear Vern's heels clack across the tile floor. She winked at Gabriel, which didn't go unnoticed by me, and she sat down in a chair across from me and crossed her legs.

"How can I help you, Gabriel?" Her annoying voice echoed throughout the room.

After Gabriel carefully explained to her about what happened, she actually looked like she was thinking.

"Neglected dove fights it's love. You are obviously the neglected dove." She paused, looking over at me.

"The heart of stone is the key. You already have a necklace for the heart of stone. If you think simple, a key always opens a door. Adeline, in your visions you said you saw the necklace right? Placed on the child of Serafina and the King? You would need to find the child. But, since the necklace was taken off Serafina's neck, then it probably was hers. Then, what or where does Serafina keep it locked? Can I see the necklace?"

I reached to the back of my neck to unclasp the necklace. I slid it off my neck, and I passed it to her. Her fingers wound around the necklace, before all of a sudden her eyes began to glow. She dropped the necklace on the table, as if it shocked her.

"I think it's in a room. It's spelled, I can't do much. Whoever cast the spell is stronger than me. Maybe you should check the rooms in the castle. She was, after all, the queen."

*~~*~~*

So, here we were in a really old part of the castle that has been unused for centuries.

There wasn't any lighting in there since the electricity to this part of the castle has been cut. If you look up at the ceiling, you could see an occasional old lightbulb.

Luckily it was daytime, so we could rely on the daylight streaming in from the giant windows.

Supposedly, Serafina has been staying in one of the rooms here. Gabriel stopped on front of room with large, grand double doors that were painted a faded white. The borders of the door were decorated in intricate gold detailing, and the paint has faded to a dull beige color. The paint was cracking on the door.

"I think this may be it." Gabriel said.

He twisted the door knob and pushed the door open. A large creaking noise echoed through the room as the unused door was being opened for the first time in centuries.

A large window was positioned on the side of the room, but the deep red velvet curtains were drawn close, preventing any light from escaping in.

Vern stumbled over to the curtains drawing them open.

"Wow," she breathed, looking out the window.

The window had a fabulous view of the back of the castle. It exposed the garden and the huge lake in the very back of the castle's territory.

My eyes wandered to look at the room, which was now exposed due to the sunlight.

Gabriel stuck close to me at all times. I guess he was afraid of losing me again. He's been on edge since Damien was able to get his hands on me. It was like he wasn't able to trust anyone but himself to make sure I was safe.

The room had a bed in the center, which was decorated in pure, white fabric that had stiffened and yellowed over the years. A large chest lay at the foot of the bed, and there were many lavish items strewn across the room.

"What are we even supposed to look for?" I asked.

"Anything out of the ordinary." Vern replied.

My eyes scanned the bed, and then drifted to the wooden panels. We began searching around the bed, under objects, anywhere we could possibly think it could be. But, we ended up finding nothing.

I kicked a tiny little stool out of my way, knocking one of the wooden panels off the wall.

"'I'm sorry." I said putting my hands over my mouth in shock.

My eyes drifted back to the wall, and I saw it. A tiny heart shaped indent in the wall.

"Found it."

• Yay, I finally updated. Do you know how much homework my teachers gave me for spring break? I have like a billion essays, and one of my teachers had online quizzes and submissions too, while he is chilling somewhere out of the country. Teachers need to chill out. I wanted to spend my break on tv not hw. Ugh, whatever. Hope you guys enjoy the update. As you can see there was some legit action here in this chapter. I'll try my best to roll in another update. Thank you guys for reading! You've gotten me so far! Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!

What do we all feel about Vern the hoe joining us in? Any thoughts on Gabriel?