Caution

That night is when everything changed for me. It turns out, Acnologia wanted someone, more specifically me, to turn into his own dragon slayer. What he did to me was only to insert his very own magic within my body. Of course, it bought down a lot of pain but he insisted that I would be able to handle it.

Afterward, he had to teach me about magic seeing as my little five-year-old brain never heard of the word before. He told me about how he was a dragon and there were plenty others just like him. I made the suggestion to meet them but that turned out to be a bad move. It seems like he doesn't trust them and vice versa. If he doesn't trust someone then neither do I.

It has been two years since then. He has been training me to the best of his abilities. We would go out into the woods every so often and I would have to use my magic to catch ourselves a feast. Every day I had to learn something new since he held multiple types of power within him.

Last year, I had acquired my very own exceed. My father suggested it as a birthday present for me. It was an extremely large egg that had weird colorings and designs. I thought that he wanted me to cook it and make it into our own birthday feast but as soon as I carried out that idea, he slapped me on the back of my head with only a little force. He told me that I had to hatch and raise it. Whatever was inside was to become my pet but instead, I made it into my very first friend.

I called her Nyx. She was a pure black exceed that always wore black and white clothes. She changed her clothes just as much as I did so there was no distinct outfit that she would wear.

I, on the other hand, would wear one outfit for the entire year before changing it. My blonde hair barely brushed against my shoulders and a small section of it was in a side ponytail. My eyes were a dark brown and big on my tiny face. I was dressed in a knee-length dress that was pink with white stripes and a blue bow at the nape of my neck. I continued to walk around barefoot, loving the feeling of my toes being set free.

"Father, are you here?" Over the two years, I had grown accustomed to calling my savior 'father'. Even though he doesn't say it much, I believe that it makes him feel special inside.

Nyx grew out her feathery wings and sat upon my head as she would always do. I never felt bothered by it because of her tiny figure which made her feel as light as a feather. I'm guessing this is what father feels everytime he takes me on one of our road trips.

"What is it you need child?"

"I was wondering if I can go out for a bit. Practicing my magic with Nyx is a lot of fun!" After a moment of thought, he gave me a silent nod of his head and went back to reading his book. I always wondered how he did that. How could he read such a small book when he was the size of a gorilla times 100?

Nyx grew out her wings once again and took me by the back of my dress. She lifted the two of us high into the air and took off. She was insanely fast but that's thanks to the magic that she learned. I didn't even think it was possible for an exceed to learn a different magic from what it already had, let alone be a talking/flying cat!

We landed near the ocean, the waves crashing about as they made it towards the shore that we currently stood upon. Nyx stared straight forward and I did the same, never once taking my eyes off of the objective.

"Lucy, you already know what to do. Focus on one element at a time. Try not to use it all at once."

"Which one do I have to focus on?"

"Try...the water element. You can use that blast and it won't endanger the ocean." I nodded my head and took my stance. Nyx flew high into the air, wanting to witness this at a better angle.

I sucked in a breath and threw my head back. In the next second, I leaned forward and yelled out:

"Dragonslayers roar!" A gust of magic bellowed out of my mouth and directly into the sea. From my perspective, I could see multiple magic elements within the blast.

Fire, iron, wind, earth, water, light, poison, celestial, dark, etc.

I didn't do what I was supposed to do. I had failed once again.

The explosion had faded away and a large crater in the middle of the sea was all that was left. Water rushed into the whole without a second thought.

"I'm sorry Nyx. I don't think I'm ever gonna get this."

"Do not fret my dear. It's only going to take time and time is something that we have plenty of. Let's try it again, alright?"

I hummed in agreement, thankful about how patient my best friend in the world is.

Let's try this again.