Happiness

The man who had came out of the guild was none other than Jemima or, as I like to call him, Uncle J. He immediately gave us our designated guild marks in where we wanted them. Nyx got hers on her leg where her dress didn't reach and mines on my right hand. Now, Uncle J of course isn't my real uncle and Minerva isn't my real cousin but that's just what I like to call them. When I had called him out yesterday, everyone was surprised and Stings ear had stinged in pain. Haha, I just laughed at my own joke.

Anyway, I was bombarded with questions from everyone. Nyx had helped me with a few of them after she defeated Rouge-I now know his name- but the questions were never-ending. I was even stumped on how to answer a few of them.

Where did you learn that magic?
From a dragon.
Which dragon?
My father.
What was his name?
If I told you, I have to kill you.
Fine then. Tell me what she is.
She's a exceed named Nyx.
How is she able to use magic?
My father taught her.
Who is your father?
A dragon.
What was his name?

Our conversation had continued on just like that. He would ask a question and I would answer. He then would bring the subject back onto my father's name which I couldn't answer.

I know exactly who my father is. A once human male who slayed many dragons in his time. In doing so, he became a dragon himself, never being able to return to his original state. He became the king of dragons right after, being the strongest and most dangerous dragon of them all. Many have tried to take him out, but none have succeeded. Some even think of him as one of Zeref's-the man who is the embodiment of dark magic itself- monsters.

He told me all of this himself, expecting me to run away and never come back. In reality, I just silently hugged him for the rest of the day. Just because everyone thinks that he's a bad guy doesn't mean that he doesn't have a heart. No matter what, he will always be family.

"Hey, Lucy?"

"Yes Sting?"

"We want to know if you guys want to join our team."

"You mean, the twin dragons of Sabertooth want to hook up with two newcomers?" Nyx had spoke up from beside me. She was slurping on a smoothie while I had a strawberry yogurt in my hand.

"We're just saying that the strongest mages of the guild should be able to form a team. The strongest team in Sabertooth! Plus, it works since we're all dragon slayers, including Nyx."

"Hey, I take that to offence you know!"

"Calm down everyone. Now, you were saying?"

"Do you accept our invitation?"

I placed a delicate finger on my chin and scrunched my eyebrows in thought. What were the benefits of joining the two of them? Well, it would be better training in hand to hand combat since I'm not that good yet. Plus, these guys are really fun to be around, even if Rouge is a introvert.

Coming to a conclusion, I nodded my head. "Sure, we'll join. Won't we Nyx." I didn't speak as if it was a question but instead, with a dark aura lacing my voice.

"S-sure."

"Excellent. Now, what are we gonna call it. The quadruple dragon slayers of Sabertooth? That really doesn't have a ring to it, now does it?"

"We could name it Team Lucy. You are the strongest out of all of us after all." The quiet Rouge has finally spoken. That's amazing.

"Why Lucy? How about Team Sting. He's the best!" The two exceeds who I met previously had came back from their bathroom break and were now intercepting our conversation.

"I agree with Lector!"

"That's saying something when your the one who got beat by Lucy." I held in my laughter, not wanting to make the burn that Sting just received any worse than it already was. Hurriedly, before she spoke again to cause everyone to go into an argument, I placed a hand on her mouth and spoke up.

"You guys, the name Dragons of Sabertooth sounds really good. Plus, it doesn't make it seem like we have a leader at all. What do you say?"

"I like it." A three worded sentence. Well, at least we have him talking at all.

"Sure, why not."

"Alright boys, we have to get going. It's getting dark out and I don't wanna be stuck out there when it starts to rain." Nyx grabbed my arm and led me out of the guild.

We walked the streets together, her tail wrapped around my waist and my hands swinging from my sides. The silence was getting to me, my ears not liking the quietness of the town.

"If you're bored, why don't you sing something? You like to do that on your free time anyway."

She's right. Why didn't I think of that?

I opened my mouth widely, my voice coming out fluently.

~Some legends are told
~Some turn to dust or to gold
~But you will remember me
~Remember me
~For centuries

I was currently dedicating this song to our new team in Sabertooth, the strongest team of them all.

~Mummified my teenage dreams
~No, its nothing wrong with me
~The kids are all wrong
~The story's all off
~Heavy metal broke my heart

Nyx which was jamming along to the non-existent music while making a drumming noise with her mouth. I didn't plan on stopping her sense it was too funny not to laugh at.

~Some legends are told
~Some turn to dust or to gold
~But you will remember me
~Remember me
~For centuries

She stopped me once we came across a nice place to rest. The rushing water made colliding sounds which were very nice and calming.

~Remember me
~For centuries
~And I can't stop till the whole world knows my name
~Cause I was only born inside my dreams
~Until you die for me, as long as there's a light

Instead of rushing to prepare our tent, I held Nyx collectively inside of my arms, her fur tickling my skin where it was out of the cloak that I still wore.

~Some legends are told
~Some turn to dust or to gold
~But you will remember me
~Remember me
~For centuries

We sat and listened, the sound of everlasting nature being a wonderful thing to take in.

~Remember me
~For centuries
~We've been here forever
~And here's the frozen proof
~I could scream forever
~We are the poisoned youth
~Remember me
~For centuries
~We'll go down in history
~Remember me
~For centuries

"I think we just found a new place to actually live."

"I think so too Nyx. I think so too..."