Chapter 3: Bet

"Double D! Dude, I didn't know you were gonna come. And you brought Kevin with you too! Now it's a real party!"
Kevin peaked out from behind Double D's back.
"Why, hello Nazz."
"Stop hiding and make yourself comfortable!We're gonna start the games in a few minutes." Nazz gave them a huge smile and excitedly ran over to a group of her friends
"Games? What kind of games?"
Double D smirked and walked towards Ed and Eddy.

"Yo Sockhead, I see you actually decided to show up for once." Eddy held a half empty bottle of vodka in his hand.
"Is it really that much of a surprise?" Double D took the bottle and replaced it with a bottle of water.
"Hey! What's the big deal?!"
"Do not complain to me about a hangover in the morning."

"Hello Double D! Nazz made buttered toast just for me!" Ed ran up to Double D and happily took a bite out of the bread. Double D glanced at the plate that Ed held in his hand. It was stacked high with pieces of toast. He chuckled warmly and patted his friend's head.
"I can see that Ed. You look like you're enjoying it very much."
"Uh-huh! Do you want to try some Double D?"
"No thank you, Ed."

Kevin watched in amazement as Double D laughed at Eddy's latest idea for a scheme.
"Wow, Eddward is almost a different person when he is with his friends. He is actually laughing and showing affection towards them."

"Double D, did you grow more legs like Madame Minx in Square Dancers from the Outer Reaches?"
"Why yes Ed, yes I did." Double D chuckled as Ed's eyes widened.
"Ooh let me see!" He excitedly ran behind Double D, fully expecting the legs to be attached to his friend's body.
"Aw, These aren't extra legs! It's just Kevin!"
He picked Kevin up by the collar of his shirt and pulled him out from his hiding spot behind Double D.
"Um, salutations Ed and Eddy. It is nice to see you two tonight."
Eddy drunkenly squinted at Kevin. "Wait, why are you two together?"
"We were working on the assignment when you so rudely interrupted us with your text. You know, the assignment due on Monday? The one I will not be helping you two with."
Eddy rolled his eyes and leaned back in his chair. "Yeah, yeah. You're just talking smack in front of Kevin. We both know you're gonna help us with that stupid packet."
Nazz's voice filled the room before Double D could respond.
"Hey, listen up everyone! Grab your wallets and find a seat in the living room! The first game  will start in five!"

"Oh, boy! Oh, boy! Oh, boy! The games are starting you guys!" Ed slung Eddy over his shoulder and dashed to the living room.
"Wh-Hey! Cut it out Lumpy! I'm gonna hurl!"

"Um, Eddward may I ask what kind of games these are?"
Double D gave a low chuckle and grabbed Kevin's wrist. "Fun ones. Now come on and let's find a good seat."
**************************************

"Rules of this one are simple, dudes. Hold up a dollar and make a bet with someone. If they do it, you put it in the jar. If they don't, they're eliminated and they have to add ten to the jar. Winner takes home the prize. Double D, you start."
Double D pulled out a dollar and eyed all of the players.
"Eddy, I bet you won't send Lee Kanker a love note."
"Ha, that's easy! This money is already mine. Right Ed?"
"You got this Eddy!"
Eddy took out his phone and texted  the love note.

Double D put the dollar into the jar and passed it to the next person. It traveled around the room until it landed in Kevin's hands. He nervously racked his brain for a good dare to give.
"Jimmy I bet you won't drink water from the fish tank." Jimmy looked nervously at the fish swimming in the tank and then at the dollar bill Kevin held in his hand. Sarah leaned over and whispered into his ear.
"You can do this Jimmy. Just take a quick sip and don't think about it."
He watched in silent horror as a long dark strand broke away from one of the fish and gently floated to the bottom of the tank.
Nazz laughed as Jimmy debated whether to accept the challenge. "Aw sick Kev! That tank hasn't been cleaned in weeks!"
"Nope, I can't do it! I'll just wait for the next game." Jimmy pulled out his wallet and placed a ten dollar bill into the jar before joining the other losers in the next room.