Chapter 30: Confession (10K Views!)

A/N1: Shout out to Wiccanbitch666 for the amazing drawing!

A/N2: Satisfaction hit 10K views as I was writing this chapter. Coincidentally this is the sexy times chapter. You all have been such a great group of readers so here's a little smutty treat for y'all! Maybe I'll start doing milestone chapters in the future...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"I...I've been manipulating you."

Double D turned his head in shame. His eyes searched for anything that was not the boy sitting in his lap.
"Wha...what do you mean you've been...manipulating me?"
Tears pricked the green eyes as they tried to lock onto the averted blue ones. Double D remained silent for what seemed like an eternity before Kevin spoke up again.
"Eddward. Tell me what you did."
He tried to turn his head so that he was facing him but it quickly snapped back to the side.
"Eddward...please."
"I..."
Double D turned to finally look Kevin in the eyes. He gave a deep sigh and stroked his cheek with his hand before moving him back onto the couch.
"Do you remember a few weeks ago on the day you told me you would be living here? Remember how I had you help me in the lab?"
His eyes shifted down before turning towards the table. Kevin's mind searched for that day almost a month before. He remembered being tugged down the steps so that he could assist Double D in creating another one of his experiments. They mixed and boiled different chemicals and liquids that Double D had pulled from the closet like they normally did. He had thought nothing of whatever strange concoction Double D had him cook up.

Double D waited for Kevin to slowly nod his head before continuing.
"Well we-I... I had you help me create a pheromone laced base that I then added to my cologne..."
Kevin's eyes filled with confusion.
"I...I don't understand... Pheromones like...the sexual attractant? Wh-why?"
Double D remained silent as he searched for the right words to say.
"Eddwa-"
"Because I wasn't sure! I wasn't sure of your feelings for me... I mean... I knew that you liked me but I... I don't know, I just..."

The boys chewed their bottom lip as the awkward tension grew.
"Kevin, at first I thought you only wanted to be with me because of how you found me. That-that your feelings weren't real and that you stayed so that you could protect me from myself. So I... I used it to increase your feelings for me. I honestly didn't think it would work. But...that night when I...you tried to run from me. So I...and you talked back to me...the way you kissed me..."
"What night? Eddward, you aren't maki-"
Kevin's face turned the brightest shade of red as he pieced together the broken sentence. His mind traveled back to the night Double D had cornered him and heatedly touched him.

He did remember feeling a little less...restrained as he was fed pieces of the creamy cake the swimmer had made. He had returned his boyfriend's kiss with heated passion as he breathed in his intoxicating scent.
"I-I-I..."
"I wasn't sure if it had actually worked so I waited before wearing it again. And then the other day at the fair... That's how I knew it worked."
His eyes pleaded for Kevin's forgiveness as he relived the day.
"I-I hadn't planned anything. I just randomly decided to try it again... And when I saw you so sad, I couldn't help but to take you to the fair to cheer you up... I swear I had forgotten about it until...."
He hung his head in shame and tried to fight back his tears.
"You hugged me and not even five minutes later, you had me pinned to a tree. The way you kissed me... It was so unlike you."

Kevin's hand moved to comfort Double D. He gently stroked his arm and waited for him to continue. The swimmer's eyes glazed over as he thought about the past few days.
"I was too proud to apologize to you that day the letter came. I had the bright idea to wear the cologne in the hopes that it would...force you to forgive me. I thought it had worn off by the time I awoke at the hospital...but you hugged me and then you kissed me again..."
He grabbed Kevin's hand and gently squeezed it.
"Even now... You didn't try to pounce on me until I put a little of it on. You always run from me... Always. It hurts to know that you don't feel as strongly as I do. I feel... like such a monster. The guilt of knowing that I've been using you for my own personal satisfaction...That's why I had to stop you. I'd never forgive myself if I manipulated you into doing something that you don't truly want..."
His voice trailed off and the sounds of the television filled the room.