Chapter 29: Cherries

Kevin placed the lasagna on the counter before turning his attention to the source of the heavy footsteps. He smiled brightly at the frowning, shirtless boy that was rubbing his eyes in front of him. Double D lowered his hand and looked at the small boy through foggy eyes. His scar and blackened eye were both covered by his dark bangs. The rest of his hair had been tied back into a low ponytail. He silently took note of how Kevin's eyes took in his appearance.
"Did you sleep well Eddward?"
"Mh"
"I'll take that as a yes."
"Whatever."

Kevin removed his oven mitt and placed the back of his hand on the swimmer's forehead.
"You're still kind of warm. You should go lie back down. I'll bring your food to you."
Double D brushed the hand aside and pulled Kevin into his arms. He captured the pink lips with his before the ginger had the chance to protest. A slight smile touched the raven's lips as he pulled back and hovered over the shocked boy.
"Consider that thanks for taking care of me."
"U-uh! You're welcome! B-but I still d-don't t-think-"
Double D kissed both reddened cheeks before placing a final kiss on the small lips.
"What's for dinner Pumpkin? It smells good."
He peered past the red hat and licked his lips at the steaming food.
"U-uhm, I made lasagna."

Double D pulled Kevin in for one last hug before taking his place at the table.
A large smile spread over his face as a large helping of lasagna was placed in front of him.
"Thank you Pumpkin!"
Kevin giggled as he watched the boy attack the food with no hesitation.
"Is it good Eddward? It's been a while since I last cooked."
"Mmh! Delicious!"
The swimmer didn't look up from his plate as he continued to stuff his face.
The red headed boy pulled his usual seat over to Double D's left side before grabbing hold of his hand and gently stroking his wrist with his thumb. The raven paused his assault on his food long enough to give him a questioning look.
"Why'd you do that? It's gonna be hard for you to eat with your left hand Pumpkin."
"It's fine, I'm actually ambidextrous."
Double D cocked an eyebrow at the new information he'd just received.
"I didn't know that."
"
"O-oh u-um... Not a lot of people know. There's a few things that people don't know about me..."
He gave another curious glance to the ginger.
"Like?"
Kevin's face grew red from embarrassment. He hadn't realized that he'd spoken aloud.
"Er- things like my fascination with robots. Just small stuff like that. Nothing interesting."
Double D gave the small hand a light squeeze before going back to eating.
"Hm, well I find that very interesting. I had no clue that you liked robotics. I guess I don't know as much about you as I thought I did.
I look forward to learning more of your secrets Pumpkin."
The ginger blushed and went back to his food.

Ten minutes and a second helping later, Double D sighed and leaned back in his chair. Kevin stared at him in astonishment.
"What have I told you about staring?"
"I...uh... I'm sorry Eddward. It's just that..."
He tried to stutter out an excuse as he shuttered at the cold glare that was piercing his soul.
"That what Pumpkin?"
"I...um made dessert. I was hoping you would save room to try it but-"
"Dessert?"
Kevin made the fatal mistake of looking into Double D's eyes. The excitement written on his face was enough to make his heart stop. He stared, mouth agape, at the eager eyes and slight smile that graced his boyfriend's face.
"U-uh y-yeah... Dessert. I m-made um..."
He racked his mind trying to remember the name of the dish he had prepared.
"Umm.... I think it was called clafootis."
A teasing grin touched Double D's lips.
"Come again?"
"Uh! Er...clafootis? Am I saying it incorrectly?"
He ignored the stifled giggle and moved to the oven to reveal his creation. Double D stood up and came close enough to eye both his boyfriend and the dessert. He took the warm pan and set it down before casually reaching for a fork. 
"You were close. You don't pronounce the 's.'"
He lifted a bite of the dessert to Kevin's lips.
"B-but I-I wanted you to try it fir-mh!"
He shoved the fork into the ginger's mouth and then pulled him into a kiss. He moaned as the sweet taste of his boyfriend's lips mixed with that of the cake. He pulled away and eyed the blushing boy.
"It tastes amazing Pumpkin. Best Clafoutis I've ever had."
Kevin's blush deepened as Double D spoke with a slight accent.
"What's wrong Pumpkin?"
"U-u-uh..."
"What? Do you like when I speak like this?"
The accent deepened with every word he spoke.
"Do you have a thing for accents mon petit citrouille?"
"E-eddward..."
"Trop mignon."
He chuckled and pulled him in for another kiss.
"Let's have some dessert Citrouille."