Chapter 6: Urges

Quick Question: This chapter ended up being split up so I have the next chapter (or two) mostly written out. Question is, would ya'll prefer to A)Have the next 2 chapters be short with  chapter 7 being published tonight and 8 published tomorrow. Or B) Have this as the short chapter and have 7 long and published tonight? The catch is 8 won't be published for another day or two.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Kevin could only focus on the back of the raven's head during class. Memories of the party had been plaguing his thoughts lately. Double D hadn't said another word about the kiss or Kevin spending the night since that fateful weekend. Though it was true that they had gotten closer over the past two months, he still wanted something more. They're time together never strayed from the usual homework routine. He would sometimes stay past dark to help Double D with one of his many experiments but it never felt like anything more than two colleagues working together. He often thought he would see Double D flash a quick smile or steal a glance when he wasn't looking but it always turned out to be his imagination. Whenever he would turn his head to look, his face would be in its usual stern position.

The loud bell broke his train of thought. He quickly gathered his books and walked out of the classroom. He sighed as he opened his locker.
"Hello Pumpkin."
He jumped at the sudden sound of Double D's voice. He could feel his menacing presence behind him.
"O-oh! H-hello E-Eddward!"
He slowly turned around to face the raven haired boy. Double D crossed his arms and deepened the frown on his face.
"Why are you shaking? You act like you're afraid of me or something."
"U-um y-you caught me off g-guard! That's a-all!"

Double D slowly lowered his eyes so that they were level with Kevin's. He carefully studied every inch of his face without saying a word.
He gently dragged his thumb across the ginger's blushing cheek.
"U-u-u-um" Kevin's face grew even redder.
"Eyelash."
The bell rang before Kevin could respond.
"You should get to class before the late bell rings Pumpkin."
"U-u-uh"
"What class do you have next?"
"U-u-um"
Double D grabbed the books that Kevin held against his chest.
"Calculus two? There's a pop quiz today. The bonus is a trick question. The answer is zero."
"U-um"
"I'll take that as a thank you. Now get to class."
"U-u-uh"
Double D sighed and rolled his eyes. He grabbed Kevin by the hand and dragged him down the hallway. He stopped at the door of the classroom just as the bell rang.
"You can at least find your way to your seat right?"
Kevin quickly nodded his head and scurried into the classroom.

He sat in his desk and tried to calm himself down. His eyes widened as they watched the tall boy enter the room. Double D leaned over the desk and brought his face dangerously close to Kevin's.
"A-a-ah!"
"You can't learn much without your books Pumpkin."
Double D smirked as he placed the books on his desk. Kevin thought he saw a quick wink before he turned around to leave. He groaned and placed his head on his desk.
"I'm really going crazy!"

Double D sighed as he walked past the pool and towards the locker room.
"You're late Vincent. Hurry up and get changed!"
"Yeah, yeah, I know."

Thoughts of Kevin flashed in his mind as he undressed.
"He stared at me for the entire class period..."
He brushed his hair back before putting his swimming cap on.
"I don't think I can hold it back for much longer..."
He lowered himself into the water and began his laps around the pool.