Chapter 19: Dinner

"Time to wake up Pumpkin."
The words were drawn out almost into a song.
"Mmh"
A long finger gently stroked a freckled cheek.
"Come on."
Kevin groaned and slowly opened his eyes.
"Good evening. Did you have a good nap?"
Double D stared down at him with an indifferent look. Kevin's face instantly grew hot as they locked eyes.
"Eddward?"
"Yes?"
"Uh- nothing."

He yawned as he climbed from under the covers.
"That was another dream...Right?
"You're staring again. What have I told you about that?"
"Er! Sorry!"
Double D turned around and led the way out of the guest room.
"That had to have been a dream..."
He snapped to reality as a cool hand grabbed his and pulled him down the stairs.
"I've just finished dinner."
"O-oh..."
He hadn't realized how hungry he was until lathe mention of food made his stomach growl.

Double D chuckled softly as he watched Kevin hurriedly take his place at the table. "I know how much you love French."
He piled a large heap of quiche onto a plate and placed it in front of the hungry ginger. A grin touched his lips as he whispered softly into Kevin's ear.
"You'd better save room for dessert."
"Erm!"
Double D laughed and began to fix his own plate. He took a seat right next to the blushing boy.
"Eat up Pumpkin. I don't want you going to sleep hungry tonight."
"Right..."
A long arm draped itself around Kevin's shoulders.
"Eddward?"
"What? You don't like this kind of affection?"
"U-um... It's not that... It's just...nothing."
Kevin quickly began shoveling food into his mouth to keep from saying anything more.
"What's up with you? You've been acting strange since you woke up."
"I-I just...had a weird dream I guess."

A slight smirk flashed on Double D's face before he could contain it.
"Hm. What made it weird?"
"N-nothing!"
The raven hid his grin behind his mug as he took a sip out of it.
"Well, you're more than welcome to come sleep with me if you need to."
"U-um! T-thank you Eddward."
"Heh, no problem Pumpkin."
Double D stood up and pulled a tray out of the refrigerator.
"You ate pretty quickly. I guess you're ready for dessert, huh?"
He placed the tray on the counter and revealed the dessert he had made. A satisfied smile spread across his face as he watched Kevin lick his lips.
"Have you had Dacquoise before?"
"I don't believe so but it looks delicious!"
"I'll let you have the first taste then. Come here."

Kevin obediently jumped up and stood next to Double D. He watched as a knife glided through the cake and lifted a piece onto a fresh plate. Double D grabbed a fork and picked up a whip cream covered raspberry.
"Let me feed you Pumpkin."
Kevin's mouth popped open with no hesitation. He smiled as he chewed the sweet berry. Double D scooped up another forkful of the creamy dessert and fed it to the waiting mouth.
"Is it good?"
"Mph!" Kevin happily nodded his head as he ate.
"It's delicious Eddward!"
Double D bit his lip as he continued to feed the small boy.

Kevin's looked up at him as he finished the last bite. Double D's breath hitched at the sight. The large green eyes were locked onto his. His pink lips were lightly covered in traces of confectioner's sugar. A little whip cream sat perfectly at the corner of his mouth.
"Sexy..."
"Eddward?"
"Hm?"
He could only focus on the ginger's soft lips.
"Are you o-"
He couldn't restrain himself any longer. His tongue licked the cream and sugar from around the lips before attacking them with a heated kiss. The sweetness of the mouth quickly drove his senses wild. He explored every sugary crevice before battling the ginger's tongue. The sweet tongue hesitated before fighting for dominance. Kevin's hands grabbed Double D's shirt and pulled his body closer. Their breathing became heavier and less restrained as the kiss continued.

Double D grabbed Kevin's shoulders and pulled him away. He couldn't stop the lustful grin that formed on his lips.
"You really shouldn't get me heated like that Pumpkin."
To his surprise, Kevin returned the grin.
"You started it, Eddward."
Double D bit his lip as he eyed the ginger.
"I think it may be time for bed. That sugar seems to have gotten you a little hyper. I don't want you doing anything you'd regret."
He quickly put the dessert away and walked into the living room.
"What makes you think I'd regret anything?"
Double D quickly turned around and captured the ginger's lips with his.
"You'd better stop talking if you know what's good for you Pumpkin."
"Maybe I do know what's good for me, Eddward."
A low hiss escaped the swimmer's throat as he tried to maintain his composure. He ignored the boy and headed straight towards his bedroom.
"Goodnight Pumpkin."
Kevin smiled softly and waved from the guest room door.
"Goodnight Eddward."
******************************************

Double D was stirred awake by the soft creak of his bedroom door.
"Yes Pumpkin?"
He felt the bed dip a little as a small body crawled in.
"You said I could sleep with you if I needed to."
The soft light coming from the ant farm made the red mess of hair appear slightly blonde as it moved closer to him. Small hands placed themselves on his broad chest as the body snuggled into his arms.
"I didn't expect you to take me up on that offer so soon."
Silence filled the room for what seemed like an eternity. Kevin finally spoke up.
"Eddward?"
"Hm?"
"Can I kiss you?"
"Heh, what kind of question is that Pumpkin? Most people don't ask permission to kiss their boyfriends."
Kevin could feel his heart beating out of his chest as Double D spoke the words. He placed a soft kiss on the raven's lips before laying his head on the bare chest. His breathing slowed as he calmed down and began to drift off into a peaceful sleep. One final thought entered his tired mind.
"Eddward?"
"Hm?" The swimmer's voice was husky from sleep.
"That wasn't a dream was it?"
A sly smile touched Double D's lips.
"I have no idea what you're talking about Pumpkin. Now get some sleep."